+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you get addicted?

I have a terribly addictive personality that has caused very destructive things in my life at times. I've been addicted from everything from men to cigarettes. I did manage to steer clear from drugs, though. I *knew* that would be a bad road to even think of going down. However, after I got pregnant with my daughter, I realized that there wasn't an addiction in the world as important to me as her.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    Cigarettes, coffee, and the internet.

Yeah that. Funny about the cigarettes, they've taken over vodka as my crutch. I never smoke one after the other, but I've found myself reaching for my emergency pack when I'm mad, stressed, or full of nervous energy.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I would have to say chocolate, coke, and buying fabric for making quilts( I could open a small store) . and I'm addicted to the Fort/internet.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Addictive personality? Yup, that's me:
    Cigarettes, diet coke, food, men - and ALWAYS the wrong sort :rolleyes - you know, the lead guitar player with a line of bull and no real job.... Been there, done that with drugs but have been clean, mostly, for the last 21 years, except for prescriptions. (they don't count, do they?) The only problem I've ever had with alcohol is acting a complete fool when I drink.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Hot and Sour soup and cigarettes are creeping their way back in. Quit smoking for the thrid time last winter and lately I've been "treating" myself to smoke breaks way too frequently.

Never got into drugs. Sure, I hit the bong once or twice but never saw what the hub-bub was about. I've seen the destructive side of it on one of my former friends...not hitting the chronic anytime soon.

Alcohol--meh, a beer now and then is fine. My house is alcohol free. I don't see the fun in drinking alone and don't really need it.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Video games (NCAA Football is my latest craze), booze (though I can when necessary go without), and to a lesser degree, cigars (once in a great while). I used to be a real internet junkie but I can at least go for a few weeks at a time without getting online now.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

The FORT.

Cigarettes and coffee. Don't think I will ever kick the coffee habit, but I am getting ready to start Zyban to try and kick the smoking habit. I have smoked on and off for 17 years. Been having the dreams that I won't be around to see my kids grow up if I don't quit. Used to bite my fingernails. So yep, I have an addictive nature!! The one thing I don't have an addition too is alcohol or drugs (nicotine excluded). I drink about once a year and am allergic to most drugs ie; penicillin, codeine, vicodin. Guess I won't ever be a prescription abuser.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

ever since I started working in this restaurant, where all staff is allowed soft-drinks and so on. I've been drinking pepsi like water. I probably drink much more pepsi then water daily. each time...i walk through the kitchen, take a sip or two *addicted*

on vacation
    I think I'm the kind that does. Besides having favorite things like coke, I'm also very much a creature of habit which makes it worse. Like going out to eat and always having the same thing or always doing things the same way.

On the subject of being addicted to coke, I drink wayyyyyyy too much of it and I've given it up before, which the withdrawl to is wicked. But I always seem to go back to drinking it. Maybe I'm just lazy.
    Memo from God

I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.

+ Reply to Thread