+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Do you get addicted?

I am addicted to putters.

I have about 20 of them...

I go to Putters Anonymous weekly. Everyone in the room is always hunched over...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

I'm not an addict, but I used to be.

FORT Fogey
    I used to be addicted to cigarettes (smoked for ten years), then I quit as a New Year's Resolution and found out two weeks later that I was pregnant. Pretty good timing, huh?

FORT Fogey
    nope, no addictions here,, I am too fickle, I bounce around a lot and there are sooo many new things that come up that I want to try and then I get bored and have to move on to something else. I also am not disciplined enough to be addicted, I would want to do something else and it would be time to smoke or buy ciggeretts or something like that soo I would end up blowing my addiction!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    I have an EXTREMELY addictive personality.
    Drugs: Been there, done that
    Alcohol: Been there, done that (still drink occasionally)
    Cigarettes: Haven't smoked for years. This was probably my LEASE addictive thing.
    Food: Never a problem
    Men: Been there, STILL THERE
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Coffee, Diet Mountain Dew, Cigarettes, Chocolate.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm just now getting over an addiction to buying lottery tickets. For some strange reason I was convinced I was going to win. Finally time to get back to reality!!
    Last week, Japanese scientists explaced... placed explosive detonators at the bottom of Lake Loch Ness to blow Nessie out of the water. Sir Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake and its local residents and all those who seek for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally. ~ Napoleon Dynamite

I come from a long line of addicts, a grandfather who drinks 1 case, plus a six-pack on his way to get the morning paper, of beer, a mother who smokes three packs a day. two of my great-grandparents died from lung cancer and had smoked most of their lives. Am I an addict? Oh, yes. My list of addictions:

cigarettes
    caffeine
    food
    FORT
    flirted with alcohol problems

I stay away from drugs because I do not want that to be added to my list.

I'm not really addicted to aything but I do feel the need to come to the FORT in my free time during the day and if I have chocolate in the house, it won't last long, I will eat it. I sometimes have little attacs if there is no chocolate but usually I'm able to overcome it by doing the treadmill or going for a walk

I don't have an addictive personality..the only thing I do like daily is a cup of coffee.
    No drinking, smoking or drugs.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread