+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Do you get addicted?

I Is Stephanie

Re: Do you get addicted?

Well, it's not the sugar. And I have a medical condition where the diet is actually worse for me then the regular--figure that. I would do diet, I really would, but I'm not sure what the implications would be, and I don't want to risk it.

I'm trying to quit. I am. Right now I'm working on changing it all over to Snappple, which is kind of working, but not really. I'm going to try to get the 2 12-packs that I have right now to last me 4 weeks, which is twice as long as they'd usually last. I hope that one of them works, but I don't know if they will. I'm trying.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I was just meaning the sugar isn't good for you either, even though you're not overweight. I think there are sodas out there made with Splenda, which is made from sugar, can you use that? Water or milk would even be better for you then Snapple, that's full of sugar too. Have you ever tried Fruit 20? It's flavored water that's really good, sweetened with Splenda. My husband and I drink a lot of it. Either way, good luck, it's good that you're trying. I'm sure if you tell your friends you're trying to cut down they will help you too.

11sstephanie, not to get on your case about this but you should really try and cut back. Not only for the obscene amount of sugar in soda and Snapple, but because it's going to start wrecking your teeth. That may not matter to you know but when you get older and your teeth are rotting or you have lots of cavities this will be one of the reasons. Why don't you try drinking some water? Maybe for every soda you drink, you also have to drink a bottle of water.

As usaul, my 2 cents worth...stephphanie, I'll throw rosiedog and any other diet soda addicts in here as well so you won't feel picked on--
    Do bear in mind that carbonated drinks interfere with calcium uptake also, which is not a good thing, especially women-- and especially small, thin ones. Not enough calcum can mean osteoporosis later on.
    And another thing-- when I went to work where I am now, one of the men working there was a big fella, probably 6'4'' and about 225 pounds. He's not much of an overeater but constantly has a huge mug of cola. 15 years later, age and metabolism have slowed enough that he's gained at least 120 pounds (that he admits) in the past 6-7 years. Yikes!

I've been addicted to quite a few things when I was younger, but have been cigarette, and drug free for over 12 years now; will not be going there again.
    I'm having to take pain meds now, but have sat down and discussed this very thing with the doc because I'm leery of getting too fond of them. Then again, I'm glad to ease my pain, but not crazy about being foggy, woozy or out of it. I did tell DR not to let me turn into a pillhead and he kind of laughed since I'm only taking a couple of not too strong painkillers a day.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

I just had a bone density study and the doctor was very impressed. Said my bones looked great and actually how they figure it, which he explained and I promptly forgot is that they basically can give you an "age" for your bones and mine hit under age 40. (this was after the ER doctor scaring the CRAP out of me from a shoulder xray and told me I had the bones of a 60 year old).
    I'm almost 45 by the way.

I do take quite good supplements and calcium is one of them. I also eat a yogurt daily and milk. This is part of the regimen prescribed for after weight loss surgery.

I know that I shouldn't drink the diet soda. But its the ONLY vice I have left!
    Everything else I enjoyed is now gone from my life: food, sweets, cigarettes and alcohol (not that I was a huge drinker, but I drink even less now. I've had exactly one beer in the last 4 months).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think I am a combination of having an addictive personality and being obsessive about things. Like the internet and TV. There have been times when I would freak out when I would miss Survivor, AR, ANTM or Big Brother. I mean I have freaked out before. Once, my husband and I even rented a hotel room because we had no electricty at my house, just so I could watch my shows. I know, I know, it's a problem.
    Then I will go through a phase where it dosn't bother me at all. Recently I haven't seen 1 Survivor or AR, and no cold sweats. But it might be because I have found another obsession, planning for a quickly approaching LONG road trip. Now I just want to spend all my time researching Route 66, where to eat, where to stay, where to visit....I can't get enough.

I am addicted to some things though. The above mentioned food thing applies to me. As does smoking. I love my diet pepsi and slim jims (yes slim jims, this is a recent addiction with a craving so strong I thought I might be pregnant)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011