+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seeing Red

Princess
    I've been mad enough to kill (and I did it too)
    Hmmm, considering, I suppose whatever I listed above are really only things that makes me really pissed off. I've seen "pink" a few times, and luckily never had the opportunity to really "do" anything about it. Don't want ever to be "seeing red".

Wow....I rarely get really mad, but when I do it's usually at work and it has to do office politics and back stabbing. Or when the support staff make decisions that effect my work, and no one bothers to ask what I think.
    In 'real' life (because face it work isn't real) people who agrue politics and religion and try to make you feel bad about the church you go to (or don't go to) or the way you voted.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

PKeeper
    so don't try and "Convert" me. As far as I can tell, nothing in the Bible condones that, anyhow.
    Actually... it does. The last two versus in the Gospel of Mathew:
    "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

What makes me see Red is when a see (on T.V. or in the movies) or hear about a child that has been abused.

What makes me see Pink is when I get blamed for something I did not do.

What makes me see Red is when a see (on T.V. or in the movies) or hear about a child that has been abused.
    I agree Pkeeper, it breaks your heart doesn't it?
    Worst of all is when there were so mant warning signs that nobody acted on.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    I have an Irish temper and can "see red" often, but for only brief flashes of time (like a minute), then it's over.

The only thing that makes me see a "sustained" red is when people refuse to be accountable for the choices they've made and actions they've taken and instead choose to play the victim. I absolutely cannot tolerate that kind of thinking/behavior. And, along with that, people who would rather whine and complain than DO SOMETHING about it!

Since I am the guilty party of starting this thread, I don't want anyone to think that I don't actually DO anything about what bothers me.

Sometimes, especially in work situations, you are really limited as to what you can do. So I need to vent.

Otherwise, I do my best to be a positive person.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Originally posted by PK: Actually... it does. The last two versus in the Gospel of Mathew:
    Thanks PK, I knew it was in the Bible somewhere.

A lot of the things that anger me have already been listed (racism, child abuse, etc.), but here's one I haven't seen:

Religious fanatics and most televangalists. They give religion a bad name and drive many folks away. Not everyone that is religious is a nutjob - I lived in Iran for six years and I met many wonderful people that were Moslem. I belong to a great Christian church and the folks there are not fanatic at all - they're just nice, regular folks like you and me.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Miss Filangi
    Since I am the guilty party of starting this thread, I don't want anyone to think that I don't actually DO anything about what bothers me.

Sometimes, especially in work situations, you are really limited as to what you can do. So I need to vent.

Otherwise, I do my best to be a positive person.
    Awww, Miss F. I didn't mean you. What I meant was people who have gotten themselves into some kind of situation (mostly through their own bad choices) and then just bitch, bitch, bitch about it instead of simply doing things differently. People who say "I can't" instead of "I choose not to."

No offense taken Eden, I understand.

I also hate that.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Princess
    people who have gotten themselves into some kind of situation (mostly through their own bad choices) and then just bitch, bitch, bitch about it instead of simply doing things differently.
    Eden, it sounds like you have something particular in mind...
    I have been in a couple of really bad situations lately. The first one I ended up in b/c someone I trusted, and whose advise I partially made my choise based upon, turned out to be a lying SOB, and the second b/c I didn't have any other viable options. And I can tell you - I bitched. A lot! Do you hate me??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast