+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help...

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar

Help...

Ok my turn for advice...when the guy i like comes to town...he wants to go to dinner with my mom and me first...to make a good impression on her and what not...can yall suggest some...SAFE topics for us to talk about? lol
    I swear the alcohol is coming out my nose

Ociffer...i swear to drunk i am not God...

Blazing. could you supply some idea of what your mom is like. it might help to narrow things down a bit.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Blazing. could you supply some idea of what your mom is like. it might help to narrow things down a bit.
    shes...my mother lol!! Shes really...kinda down to earth actually..i mean..like...i dunno shes my mom! shes a nerd hahaha!! Shes a banker...and im the baby...so i know shes gonna embarass me...and i wanna stick to things where that wont happen!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Blazingorchidlv
    shes...my mother lol!! Shes really...kinda down to earth actually..i mean..like...i dunno shes my mom! shes a nerd hahaha!! Shes a banker...and im the baby...so i know shes gonna embarass me...and i wanna stick to things where that wont happen!! lol
    Then keep things to down-to-earth topics.
    travel.
    occupations.
    health.
    The weather.
    what people do for fun (That can be kept safe)

Ultimately anything can be made safe, but i think the key is to not make it sound like you are keeping to 'safe' topics.... nothing sounds more fake than artifical conversation.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Then keep things to down-to-earth topics.
    travel.
    occupations.
    health.
    The weather.
    what people do for fun (That can be kept safe)

Ultimately anything can be made safe, but i think the key is to not make it sound like you are keeping to 'safe' topics.... nothing sounds more fake than artifical conversation.
    I just...its gonna be SOOOOOO awkward i would totally rather not do it...but hes insisting..and now so is she. And like i want safe topics thatll keep my mind off what id rather him and i were doing lol!!!

I just...its gonna be SOOOOOO awkward i would totally rather not do it...but hes insisting..and now so is she. And like i want safe topics thatll keep my mind off what id rather him and i were doing lol!!!
    You know what? He's a good guy if he's insisting on spending time with your parents.

There might be some embarrassing moments, but if it happens, take them in good stride. Don't get upset or pouty or go silent (speaking from experiences long since past here). Just laugh at yourself and show that you can take it.

It will go well...thank your lucky stars he cares enough to meet your mom and have FUNNNNNNNNNN!

Quote Originally Posted by GrammarGoddess
    You know what? He's a good guy if he's insisting on spending time with your parents.

There might be some embarrassing moments, but if it happens, take them in good stride. Don't get upset or pouty or go silent (speaking from experiences long since past here). Just laugh at yourself and show that you can take it.

It will go well...thank your lucky stars he cares enough to meet your mom and have FUNNNNNNNNNN!
    i know its good he wants to meet my mom but honestly...hes never met ME....weve talked online for 4 years...maybe more...so dinner with my mom is going to be the first time him and i are meeting face to face which is what is making it so weird...

Blazingorchidlv, you should post the same thing over here that you posted in dvm's thread asking for advice on her love life and let everybody know the history behind this meeting with your mom and b/f. I think you would get a more appropriate response from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Blazingorchidlv, you should post the same thing over here that you posted in dvm's thread asking for advice on her love life and let everybody know the history behind this meeting with your mom and b/f. I think you would get a more appropriate response from everyone.
    i guess ur right! lol here it is:
    Not really advice but i kinda know what ur going through but on diff terms? lol I started talking to this guy online when I was 17 he was 29. It started off as just saying hi how ya doin and not really TALKING much...now 4 years later...we have a semi "relationship" type thing...he used to come to vegas all the time but at that time i was still underage and didnt want to get caught up in all that. Now he is 32...I will be 21..and he is coming to town again and we are meeting this December after 4 years..but when I told my mother how old he was...she flipped out...because he is the same age as my older brother. Hes 11 years and 2 months older than me. I sat down with her..and I talked to her about him..and how even though we are so far apart in age..how we have a lot in common and everything. And I forget who but someone was saying some questions ur parents might have..and those are the same questions my mom asked me. Has he been married...why isnt he married...does he have kids etc. And I answered everything truthfully. And she has actually talked with him and is now Ok with it. And although mine is on a different level because him and i havent met...(although after 4 years i know him better than most of my friends lol) I just sat down and told her about him and why I like him and everything. For me my mom may accept it only because he lives in NY me in Vegas..and she thinks nothing will happen between us. But well just have to see how things go when he comes to town. But I do agree with everyone about just sitting with your parents and finding out what frightens them the most. Maybe theres more to it than just his age.

i know its good he wants to meet my mom but honestly...hes never met ME....weve talked online for 4 years...maybe more...so dinner with my mom is going to be the first time him and i are meeting face to face which is what is making it so weird...
    Eeeeeeeeeeeeks...been there, done that...only it was with my Dad and his wife for lunch, my mom for dinner, and my grandpa for dinner another night...heh heh. Again, in my younger days.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast