+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

firegirl
    Paulie, you have to give folks a view of your award winning first line! That has stuck w/me and is one of the best I have heard!

I've never really liked to write. I can do it, if forced, but I think my writing style is a bit on the dry side (thank years of computer systems documentation) and extremely caustic (that's all me, baby).

My secret ambition? To buy a 42' Catalina, sell everything else, and become a seafaring hobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I don't know if I would consider myself a writer. After all, you have to FINISH stories to be considered a writer. I've probably started 10,000 stories and finished only one. I think I have ADD so I get bored and distracted easily and end up never finishing.
    I definitely relate to this one. I have a box of 25 notebooks that are filled with unfinished novels/short stories. Yes, my attention span even wavers when trying to finish a short story. However, writing is only a hobby with me.

Before I elected to stay home with my daughter, I was a wedding and special events planner for a hotel. I think that when I return to the work force, my secret ambition would be to start my own event planning business.

colby_d
    I'm sure my talent astounds all of you, but I really don't like writing that much. Anytime I do papers or stories, I'm normally proud of them and they're pretty good, but writing isn't fun to me. It's just work.

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I don't know if I would consider myself a writer. After all, you have to FINISH stories to be considered a writer. I've probably started 10,000 stories and finished only one. I think I have ADD so I get bored and distracted easily and end up never finishing.
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I've been through it many times. Short stories and poems are a bit better that way, as they can be short and sweet.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, even though I've finished some books of mine I still have plenty of unfinished works. I get bored with them and slack off and don't pick them up again.

Moon Skin Child
    Avast! John The Viking!

Thankies, dvm. You rock!

And sen, you're an awesome writer. Come OM, give yourself a hand, leg and foot!

<-- The left-brained antithesis of those who have posted above.

I'm a college student studying to become a math professor, and I transferred to a new college for this year because they have an easier English department.

Will do math homework for English essays!!!

Zhora
    Good one Healblade.

Good luck in your studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Healblade
    <-- The left-brained antithesis of those who have posted above.

I'm a college student studying to become a math professor, and I transferred to a new college for this year because they have an easier English department.

Will do math homework for English essays!!!
    God, I wish I would have met you when I was in college. I would have gladly traded some essays for some Math homework.

+ Reply to Thread