+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    A lot of this depends on the house (for whom you're editing/proofreading) style sheet.
    It may not be all for naught.
    I'm really more of a storyteller, and my house is radio and television. As a result, I regularly break the rules. For me, the only time grammar becomes an issue is when I rewrite one of my stories for print.
    Ellen likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Too funny, Ellen. I remember back before the first book was published and the staff was "voting" on cover designs, all of which were horrible, BTW. Then spegs said they'd come up with a cool one that had an apple. We all know how that went.
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, I'm not doing those stories I talked about right now. Instead, I'm working on a different project. Kind of like a Survivor fan fic. I think I'm doing a good job so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I'm really more of a storyteller, and my house is radio and television. As a result, I regularly break the rules. For me, the only time grammar becomes an issue is when I rewrite one of my stories for print.
    Cool! Where can we see/hear your work?
    (If it's okay to ask...)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Cool! Where can we see/hear your work?
    (If it's okay to ask...)
    I've archived some videos on my YouTube page. All of my radio stories are archived on KNPR's web site. Unfortunately, most of the stories on KNPR's site can only be listened to with a PC, not a Mac.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I've archived some videos on my YouTube page. All of my radio stories are archived on KNPR's web site. Unfortunately, most of the stories on KNPR's site can only be listened to with a PC, not a Mac.
    The videos and audio stories were interesting and informative. I enjoyed them. Thank you for sharing Uncle David.
    (Timing is everything... yesterday when I was walking through our pasture, I saw the first snake of the season. Even though it was a chicken snake, I wish that I had skipped the video about the rattlesnake )

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    The videos and audio stories were interesting and informative. I enjoyed them.
    Thanks! Unfortunately, licensing prohibits me from posting anything from either of my PBS shows. The YouTube videos (and radio stories for that matter) are one-man-shows. I write, produce, videotape, edit, et al. It limits what I can do, but the intent is to educate, so if you found them informative I was successful.

Nearly a decade after this post, FoRTer spegs is interviewed in "10 Questions" in the current issue of TIME magazine.
    10 Questions with Stephenie Meyer - Video - TIME.com
    Ellen, that's the coolest post (the one of Spegs talking about being an aspiring writer). Who knew, huh?
    Ellen likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks for the update on Spegs. Glad to hear there's a sequel to The Host in the works!
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Too funny, Ellen. I remember back before the first book was published and the staff was "voting" on cover designs, all of which were horrible, BTW. Then spegs said they'd come up with a cool one that had an apple. We all know how that went.
    Ah yes. I voted on the cover that looked like something from the Hobbit (which is exactly why that wasn't chosen). Ahhh....good memories.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread