+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    I love writing. I've written since I was 5 or so, but I came out of my shell when I showed my stories to my friends. They thought they were good, so I am attempting to get published. Wish me luck.
    I was in love with a difficult man.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    I love writing. I've written since I was 5 or so, but I came out of my shell when I showed my stories to my friends. They thought they were good, so I am attempting to get published. Wish me luck.
    Last year, I did some research on getting books published. The #1 best way to get it done is to hire an agent, or else the company will mostly likely not read your full manuscript (ok, and exception to that is if the people who read the first few pages of your manuscript find it so stunning it would be a mistake to pass it up). Or you can get it self-published, but it costs a lot as well. Bear in mind that all this stuff costs money.

But, if you think you can do it, best of luck to you!

I remember being in 2nd grade, writing and drawing out a bunch of stories. Most of the characters were always pregnant and someone always had to look like Sandy from the movie Grease, though.

Drawing and writing have always been things I love to do. I don't think I'm exactly great at it, but I definitely plan to work my way up there.

Oh, and the way you see me typing now is exactly how I type everywhere on the internet ... I am a grammar spazz. I can't see anything written wrong. It pisses my dear friends off excessively.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    Good Luck, Sweetie!!!! We're all rootin' for ya'!!!

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    Have you ever noticed that every now and then I use my real name, Johnny? The reason that I am called Johnny is because... I am the future incarnate of John. I will be your mod. But for now, I'll stick to being the mini-mod...

Does that piece of fiction count as an ambition?
    You need to go into comedy.... you're such a talented, witty poster!

Well, I write for the site, but before that...nope... other than stories I'd write for the kids...when they were three… and didn't know what good writing was

I am in awe of the writers here. Each and every article has me shaking my head in utter disbelief that they let me in their club. I truly am honored to be associated with them

I don't have the patience to write anything real, that and my similes are atrocious... (just ask Paulie). I can’t wait until some of the folks here get published though. I’d love to say: “…oh yeah… that author… known ‘em for years…”
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    The only writing I've ever done has been here. I volunteered to do the recaps for Fear Factor and The Osbournes because I was watching anyway and no one else wanted them

I do enjoy it, but I have no idea what I'm doing. And I don't really consider myself a "writer", especially compaired to the other folks here.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I can’t wait until some of the folks here get published though. I’d love to say: “…oh yeah… that author… known ‘em for years…”
    That will be awesome! I say will, not would because I would find it supremely surprising if none of our wonderful posters end getting published. I tell you it would be a crime against humanity!
    Seriously, though, I do want to chime in with everyone else who has been encouraging everyone in their ambitions. This really is by far the most intelligent, mature, interesting board that I've ever seen, and I see nothing but promising futures for the lot of you!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    I'm one of the ones good at english and writing HORRIBLE at math! i hated it! always loved writing took creative writing in HS loved every minute of it cept for the teacher lol
    I swear the alcohol is coming out my nose

Ociffer...i swear to drunk i am not God...

I've done a lot of various types of writing.
    Wrote a lot of poetry in HS and college (even though my degree was in architecture, the poetry informed the Structures, and vice versa).
    More recently, I've mostly written Manuals, teaching aides, Specifications, and other such boring work. and occasionally I still spit out the occasional poem.

Its my parent's fault, they always were forcing me to find better words.. and my wife too... (yeah, everyone's fault but my own) Why oh why did i have to marry an English major.

But I love writing anyway. (becides here, my poetry and my blog, i mean)
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread