+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

After I found out about the fact that it was YA, I'm not so sure about the Darkness one. Sounds like a reference to suicide or something. I like "Dark Side of the Sun", though.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    After I found out about the fact that it was YA, I'm not so sure about the Darkness one. Sounds like a reference to suicide or something. I like "Dark Side of the Sun", though.

Oooh, sounds very Pink Floyd-ish. "Dark Side of the Moon", wasn't it?

ETA: How about "Into the Shadow?" Since shadows are dark... although it sounds sort of sci-fi or mystery or something...
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Okay, so spegs mentioned that it's Young Adult, primarily romance...so I'd go with "Nothing Like The Sun", personally. .

Oh, and spegs...CONGRATS AND GOOD LUCK! *crosses fingers*

It won't be long before your pride and joy finally makes its debut. And when it does, I'll be ready with the cash.

ETA: Oops. Just so your new suggestions. I change my vote. "Dark Side of the Sun" it is.
    Last edited by nausicaa; 11-19-2003 at 08:03 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Spegs--I think I would pick up ALL THAT'S BEST OF DARK AND BRIGHT first if I were in a book shop...that must be sooo exciting!

It has always been my dream to someday write that "bestselling novel." I actually wrote a lot in HS, and won awards, and I still write poetry occasionally. But I still think of myself as a "writer" Since now I am majoring in Primary Elementary Education, and have been working with Prek-ers all semester, maybe I should try to write a children's book. Believe me, they give you lots of ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    You're not to late--the feverish brainstorming continues--and things are about to close down in New York, yikes. Here are the new offerings:

Dark Side of the Sun

and a slight rewording: Into That Bright Darkness

(No abuse, but lots of danger, and definitely some fantasy aspects)
    Call me "wacky", but I kind of like Into that Bright Darkness. Ahhh..I'm sure I'm too late. Good luck, spegs! And if it's any consolation, I have to tell you that I have published friends who have had their book titles changed anyway by the publishing house. So whatever you pick now might not stay anyway, I suppose you just want to lure an editor with the title at this point, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Call me "wacky", but I kind of like Into that Bright Darkness. Ahhh..I'm sure I'm too late. Good luck, spegs! And if it's any consolation, I have to tell you that I have published friends who have had their book titles changed anyway by the publishing house. So whatever you pick now might not stay anyway, I suppose you just want to lure an editor with the title at this point, right?
    Eggs-zactly.

Who knows what it will end up being called. Hopefully we can find a good lure...My agent seems pretty confident, but hey, that's her job, right?

Oh, I almost forgot: Shaz, you're wacky!

Maybe I should insist on the title "The FORT is the best site on the web." Then I add a scene where the heroine visits her online buddies and praises the wonders of the FORT. And finds out who wins the Bachelor two hours early.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

FORT Fogey
    haha "The FORT is the best site on the web" sound good to me!!!
    Weeell I'm a young adult- 14- And a big romance fan, but I HATE stories that make me sad or depressed so I dont think I would pick up a book that was titled "Into that Darkness" I actually really like Dark side of the sun. Actually I don't judge a book by its title, I look more for interesting cover pictures (I know I know dont judge a book by its cover...) So if you do choose a darker title, have the cover be more representative of your story. I don't think your book is like this, but I know its going to be a funny, laugh out loud book if its you know neon pink or green or something. Dark stories are all black and scary. Fantasy usually has a picture of something made up. So yeah my vote goes for Dark Side Of the Sun! BTW for Spegs!!!!!!!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    Congrats to spegs - I hope it gets published!

As for a title, I don't know... I like Into that Darkness and Dark and Bright.

Spegs, that is so awesome! Congrats to you and I promise I'll go buy it when (not if) it gets published.
    I don't like the term "luck" so I'll wish you good fortune. Yay!

Thank you all so much!

Would you believe that after all that, she decided she liked "Twilight" best? I was really warming up to "Dark Side of the Sun," too.

Out of curiousity, there are so many talented people here, has anyone ever worked with literary agent before?
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

+ Reply to Thread