+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Is everyone at the FORT a writer? Otherwise known as: Secret ambitions

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    My brother used to say that the difference between Appalachians and the rest of the world can be seen in how they deal with their crazy relatives.
    And we seem to have so many of them....
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Chiro--it's been wild.

Lucy, I tried Forks in the Road, but they weren't having that either. Ah well.

When I find out if a publisher is picking it up, I'll let you guys know. And then I'll beg you to go out and buy a copy...ha ha just kidding....no really...I jest
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    SG & Lucy, Would either of you be able to put together a collection of short stories with what you have, as opposed to connecting them all together to make a novel?
    (sorry, just saw this). At the moment I don't have enough finished to make a collection. But I think it IS easier to sell (or get published) short stories than full-on novels. Perhaps a series of connected short stories...now the juices are starting to stir...

To Spegs: Forks of Darkness? Forks of Light? Oh, never mind, go with your gut.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Why spegs, you didn't tell me that this was a book about *my* youth!

I didn't want to have to pay you for the rights to your story. Heh heh heh, my evil plan revealed!!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

[QUOTE=spegs......My beautiful, intelligent, generous FORTies, I need your help (did I butter you up enough?).

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the book I wrote this summer...well things have progressed and now I have a literary agent who wants a new title before she sents it out to editors (tomorrow--no pressure!).

So, not knowing what the story is about, what is your gut reaction to the following titles? Which one would you be most likely to pick up?

INTO THAT DARKNESS

Thank you in advance for your help. I kiss your feet! Smooch, smooch, smooch![/QUOTE]
    I like Into That Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    I didn't want to have to pay you for the rights to your story. Heh heh heh, my evil plan revealed!!

I think enough of us had that childhood that it would be highly arguable who it belonged to.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

i like "into the darkness" but it reminds me of "this present darkness" which if i remember correctly is about as far from romance as you can get.

my second pick is "nothing like the sun" which reminds me of "the sun also rises" which i loved.

congrats spegs! great news!

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    **MOUTH TO MOUTH THREAD RESUSCITATION**

My beautiful, intelligent, generous FORTies, I need your help (did I butter you up enough?).

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the book I wrote this summer...well things have progressed and now I have a literary agent who wants a new title before she sents it out to editors (tomorrow--no pressure!).

So, not knowing what the story is about, what is your gut reaction to the following titles? Which one would you be most likely to pick up?

INTO THAT DARKNESS

ALL THAT'S BEST OF DARK AND BRIGHT (or simply DARK AND BRIGHT)

ONLY HUMAN

NOTHING LIKE THE SUN

NIGHT AND DAY

Thank you in advance for your help. I kiss your feet! Smooch, smooch, smooch!
    Spegalicious!! I'm sooo excited for you! Yer livin' the dream (I'll send you good vibes. Can you feel them yet? Wait...there....ZAP! )

This feedback could all be too late, but what the hay.

Okay, I love YA fiction, and my first inclination would be to peek into a book titled "Into the Darkness" but I would be surprised if it were a romance unless it were about abuse (just going with my first gut reaction). Or perhaps if it were fantasy literature etc. But I would definitely check out that title.

My favorite choice would be also to go with "All That's Best of Dark And Bright" because it hints at more, and the other titles below it are more like titles that are already out there.

Oh see you're putting all of us lazy writers to shame (and by lazy I mean me), now I'm going to have to go ahead and be all inspired and try to force out more pages per day than I've been doing (which lately amounts to: zero. ).

for Spegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Spegalicious!! I'm sooo excited for you! Yer livin' the dream (I'll send you good vibes. Can you feel them yet? Wait...there....ZAP! )

This feedback could all be too late, but what the hay.

Okay, I love YA fiction, and my first inclination would be to peek into a book titled "Into the Darkness" but I would be surprised if it were a romance unless it were about abuse (just going with my first gut reaction). Or perhaps if it were fantasy literature etc. But I would definitely check out that title.
    You're not to late--the feverish brainstorming continues--and things are about to close down in New York, yikes. Here are the new offerings:

Dark Side of the Sun

and a slight rewording: Into That Bright Darkness

(No abuse, but lots of danger, and definitely some fantasy aspects)

You know, if you don't go with the original "Into That Darkness," I think "Dark Side of the Sun" is very cool. I'd certainly pick it up and look at it.

+ Reply to Thread