+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A good deed...

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar

A good deed...

I set up this thread.. So that every FORT-ers can say something that they have done today is a good deed to others. It will help everyone to do good deeds daily.

Today on the train towards school during peak hours, I was just standing in front of an empty seat. I do not want to sit as there could be people who wanna sit and deserve it more than me. So I remain standing. A lady came up and asked me whether I wanna sit. I smiled to her, saying that, "Oh no, go ahead..." She sat with a smile back.

you payed for the ticked just the same as her so get your moneys worth i say
    www.synergy-4ums.com General Chat Forum
    www.thepremierleague.co.uk Football Chat Forum
    www.f1-onthegrid.co.uk Formula 1 Chat Forum
    SYNERGY... Two Forces... One Power...

FORT Fogey
    Great topic amazin man!

Today I called my neighbor and told her to stay longer at her gym class and I would pick up the kids from school, and I brought her milk and juice from the store so she wouldn't have to do those errands.

An old ladies car got stalled on the road in traffic, and she was by herself looking bewildered and helpless, so I went and helped push her car to the side of the road.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    I set up this thread.. So that every FORT-ers can say something that they have done today is a good deed to others. It will help everyone to do good deeds daily.

Today on the train towards school during peak hours, I was just standing in front of an empty seat. I do not want to sit as there could be people who wanna sit and deserve it more than me. So I remain standing. A lady came up and asked me whether I wanna sit. I smiled to her, saying that, "Oh no, go ahead..." She sat with a smile back.

I've done that too. There is one thing that I do, although I DON'T recommend it to others so, it might seem hypocritcal. I stop for almost anyone and offer them a ride when they have car problems.

I've never held a seat for someone, but I have gotten up for either the elderly or pregnant women when I used to take the bus or subway.

At the grocery store, if someone has only a couple of items and I have a lot, I asked them to "go ahead".

(This is freebee but,) giving someone a store coupon for a discount.

Cleaning the snow off of an elderly person's car.

Carrying something for someone.

If someone's car hasn't moved in 2-3 days, checking up and asking if that person is sick.

The one about picking up the kids and buying the juice. That must have seemed like a luxury to your friend!

I couldn't push a car, but I have steered while he and another passer by pushed. (I'm sure you must have seemed like a hero to her )

(Whenever I help someone who is older, I always think about my parents and if someone would help them if they needed it.)

This actually happened quite some time ago, but I thought it was really touching so I'll share it. Late one night I needed something to eat before hitting the road for a long drive. I stopped in at McDonalds for a quick bite. In the parking lot I met a homeless man who asked me for some spare change. I asked him if he was hungry. He said he was. I invited him to come in with me so he could pick something to eat and I would buy it for him. He got a really sad look on his face as he pointed to the blanket wrapped around him and his grungy appearance. He said, "I don't think they really want my kind in there and I don't want to cause any trouble, thanks anyway". I said, "You're a paying customer and you're with me, I'll give 'em what-for if they give you any trouble." He smiled and agreed to come in.

The place was almost empty as it was right at closing time. The man behind the counter looked at me, looked at the homeless man, and looked at me again. He asked, "Is he with you?". I immediately felt like I needed to be on the defensive. I answered, "Yes", but my tone made it sound more like, "Yeah! You got a problem with that bud?!?!" The man behind the counter took our order, and I paid him. As he was putting our orders together he stuffed every single extra burger left under the heatlamps into the homeless man's bag and told us to have a nice night.

I thought that was just the neatest thing he did, and I'll probably always remember it.

Zhora, that's a good story! It's like a chain of kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Today I called my neighbor and told her to stay longer at her gym class and I would pick up the kids from school, and I brought her milk and juice from the store so she wouldn't have to do those errands.
    Firegirl, that's awesome. Will you be my neighbor?

I live next door to my sister-in-law, so we watch each other's kids for each other or do errands for each other a lot. But she's related so it doesn't really count. I don't know what I'd do without her!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Zhora, that's such a great story. I'm touched.

Thanks haejin, I really was too. Sometimes people can surprise you if you give them a chance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast