+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A good deed...

That's so cool Firegirl. Sometimes when I'm going over one of the bridges around here I pay the toll of the person behind me. I always wonder if the toll guy pockets it like a tip or really passes it on.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Even when you budget your money for certain things, it's extra special and enjoyable when someone gives it to you instead. Like a friend cooking you dinner; it always tastes better!

And you always remember it, Eldee, like there's a guy at the farmer's market who gave my daughter a little baby pumpkin for free. Ever since we always go to his table first and we know him by name. That was before last year's Halloween, I can't believe it's been an entire year already. So he got a lot of business from us from one baby pumpkin and a nice, friendly personality.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I did a good deed today.

I was in the garden with my wife and all of a sudden I hear a flutter. I see a black bird pass by with something white behind it.... after glancing for a second, it was a plastic bag. I se it go into the bushes nearby, so I go nearby, and realize that this crow (we have a lot of them in the Pacific northwest) had the straps of a plastic grocery bag around its neck, and now the bag was choking the bird. I grabbed some sissors and cut the bag enough that the bird could get free. and off it flew.

I hope the old saying doesn't come true: that no good deed goes unpunished.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Senrik, did you get pooped on?

I love people and animal stories. I don't believe that small and abundant animals should be ignored. That was a very good deed.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Senrik, did you get pooped on?

I love people and animal stories. I don't believe that small and abundant animals should be ignored. That was a very good deed.
    no maam.. I'm just wondering what will go wrong.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Well, I did a little tiny good deed.....
    We have guinea pigs, 3 males. 2 we bought and 1 we adopted from a teacher who couldn't keep it in her class anymore. They are all very friendly calm pigs thanks to my husband who pets them alot and they are very good with kids. One little girl we know about a year ago got a guinea pig after playing with ours.
    Well my daughter came home from this little girls house a couple weeks ago and asked if we could take her guinea pig because she didn't want it any more. I told her no, because this pig was a girl and we have all boys and I'm allergic to them and I didn't want another one. Sunday she comes home and asks again about taking this guinea pig, and I started to say no again but then started asking a few more questions to find out the other child's mother had told the little girl if they didn't find a home for it by Monday, the pig would be "put down".
    So we are now the proud owners of a little girl guinea pig to go along with our 3 little boy guinea pigs who have been chirping, purring and yelling to get her attention. Hopefully it calms down soon. My oldest daughter announced that we could become a guinea pig rescue and foster home. I think I better start getting allergy shots.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

My boyfriend's brother did a good deed for me this weekend.

My car broke down this weekend and he spent about 4 hours working on my car. He replaced a belt, tightened some loose hoses, but it turned out I needed a new part he couldn't install. Despite the fact that this new part will cost me a few hundred, he saved me a new belt, the labour I'd ordinarily pay for that and towing charges.

More than anything, he was very patient and supportive and never complained despite the many setbacks. He didn't have to do any of it.

Just wanted to share.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    My boyfriend's brother did a good deed for me this weekend.

My car broke down this weekend and he spent about 4 hours working on my car. He replaced a belt, tightened some loose hoses, but it turned out I needed a new part he couldn't install. Despite the fact that this new part will cost me a few hundred, he saved me a new belt, the labour I'd ordinarily pay for that and towing charges.

More than anything, he was very patient and supportive and never complained despite the many setbacks. He didn't have to do any of it.

Just wanted to share.
    You have a boyfriend from a very thoughtful family. It always bodes well when a boyfriend/girlfriend's family is loving and supportive of you. That means your boyfriend is probably a keeper
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    We have guinea pigs, 3 males.
    Awwwe. I just love guinea pigs. I've had two myself. They couldn't be sweeter. That's great that you took her in. I bet all the sounds the "guys" are making are really cute. I miss mine hollering at me in the morning to feed them.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast