+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A good deed...

FORT Fogey
    I have to admit, I was allready going to be at the store so I just picked up extra ( she has 4 kids) she ALWAYS needs milk and juice, and I was in the car line to pick up my daughter so I just called and got hers too.

She is an AMAZING angel neighbor. I came home from a trip once expecting to have to do house work and she had cleaned my house and done all my laundry!!! That is heaven!!!! A clean house after a trip, she had turned on the heat too to warm it up and lit candles while she cleaned so it smelled fresh!!! Love her, lover her!

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    I gave an elderly homeless guy 2 bucks...it was all i had on me...and he smiled...and said omg thank u...someday well get married...he seemed a little...slow? i felt so bad for him. And when I took the bus in Jr high I always gave my seat to people.
    I swear the alcohol is coming out my nose

Ociffer...i swear to drunk i am not God...

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Just keep on posting your good deeds... ! Love to hear from you all !

Yesterday, I stayed with my friend who is having his prelims this week. Even though we talked a lot, but I managed to force him to finish 2 chapters of Accountancy. (He is the kind that never study... And only study at last minute, and I do mean LAST minute)

FORT Fogey
    Theres this girl who hangs out with us at lunch who nobody really likes and they all backstab her when we have sleepovers. I don't talk crap about her, just so you know. Anyways, I always try to include her every day and I talk to her and I am friendly.. I think thats a good deed because I know what its like to feel like you have no friends so I try to be nice to everyone now

Also, every few Sundays I work at a homeless shelter and make/serve their lunch

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    I remembered showing directions to two foreigners before... They asked for the directions... And what a coincidence ! The place they are looking for is where I am living... ! So I showed them the way even though I know it was time for my favourite TV programme, The Amazing Race, I still directed them to where they wanted...

There was this very overweight girl.........

and it was at this high school gathering where there was food and stuff like that. And people teased her in school. And she was at this place but on was talking to her and she looked lonely. I'm not sure why she was at this get together, maybe because she was with her other overweight friends, but her other friends were talking with guys, I guess they weren't as shy as her. And she was at the table, kind of depressed, looking around, picking at her food, so I went over and sat next to her and talked to her. We started talking and laughing. First time I seen her smile all night. This was years and years ago, not sure what she's doing today.

FORT Fogey
    One thing you never expect is for a good deed to come back to you. It is amazing how it really does. Once I was on a plane going home and this group of guys were talking about how they could go about getting tickets to the University game for that night. I turned around and told him I happend to work pretty high up in the Athletic dept and I could get him tickets. They were so excited and even more so when I said they could have them for free. I could see that they were visitors to the area and excited to see the team etc. It was no big deal for me as I got tickets for free and see all the games I want.

A couple of weeks later I received a thank-you attached to a bottle of very very good wine. Turns out one of the guys families owns some sort of distrubutorship for a winery. He was so grateful for the hospitality from a stranger that I still get a bottle of great wine every year when we play against the team he went and watched. This was back in 1997! It is always an awesome reminder of how easy it was to do something nice for someone and totally make their day w/out even trying! Of course I did evesdrop on their conversation.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    not sure if charity is considered a "good deed"... but i raised money and participated in a 160 mile bike ride for Multiple Sclerorsis this past weekend. It was a great time and i cant wait to do it again next year!

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    not sure if charity is considered a "good deed"... but i raised money and participated in a 160 mile bike ride for Multiple Sclerorsis this past weekend. It was a great time and i cant wait to do it again next year!
    You bet your sore hiney it is!!!

FORT Fogey
    Absolutely!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast