+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stress Management FORT Class

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar

Stress Management FORT Class

Just wanna know, how do you people, FORT-ers, manage stress in your normal work / school life ?

As you can see, I'm having a very bad time in school with all the problems / stress / pressure that is going on...

And I can't handle all... The 9 projects I need to complete in Polytechnic. The examinations. The lectures. The tutorials. The teachers. Argh... Just wanna burn down the whole damn school...

Here, I set up a new thread to help people that are having trouble like me to manage stress. Please offer us advice and suggestions to help us.

It's time to get serious. (Well, sorta)

Hmm....well, when I do get stressed, which isn't that often, the first thing I do is rant (only in my head) about whoever, or whatever I'm mad about. That way I don't start taking things out on poor, innocent bystanders. When I'm at home, a lot of the time I'll read a book, listen to music, or play the piano, and that tends to calm me down.

As far as your school stress, I don't know what to tell you. Just try and set aside time to get it all done. Are you in High School? If so, try not to worry about it. I'm not saying that school work isn't important, because it is, but it isn't life or death.
    And remember. There will always be teachers that suck. Just try and ignore them.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

I'm pretty laid back. Nothing really stresses me out too much.

People who don't listen, but that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    Hmm....well, when I do get stressed, which isn't that often, the first thing I do is rant (only in my head) about whoever, or whatever I'm mad about. That way I don't start taking things out on poor, innocent bystanders. When I'm at home, a lot of the time I'll read a book, listen to music, or play the piano, and that tends to calm me down.

As far as your school stress, I don't know what to tell you. Just try and set aside time to get it all done. Are you in High School? If so, try not to worry about it. I'm not saying that school work isn't important, because it is, but it isn't life or death.
    And remember. There will always be teachers that suck. Just try and ignore them.
    Thanks, brenna for your advice...

But I'm sick of studying. I have past my high school.. Now I'm in Polytechnic... Which I don't think you all have... It's like we need to pass either two or three more years of pre-U nefore entering University.

My advice -
    a_head bang to some hard rock music
    b_calm down to some ballad/jazz/soul/R'n'B
    c_go to sleep
    d_don't care
    e_talk to friends
    f_watch TV
    g_go town
    h_Internet

It's pretty hard to get past studying... It's a long path... (In Singapore)

I just recently decided not to let myself get stressed.

It's not as easy as I thought it would be

When I feel myself starting to get stressed out I just take a breath and think: What's the point? Stressing isn't going to get me anywhere. I can take what is happening and smile or get mad. I've decided to smile.

Now, I say it isn't as easy as it sounds, but in the past two weeks I can not believe the difference, just be deciding NOT to stress. It's amazing
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I'm pretty laid back. Nothing really stresses me out too much.

People who don't listen, but that's about it
    With yourself a stable job, you are darn lucky, John !

Thanks for posting anyway !

I will fight with you for that job ! (:fight )

Leo
    Premium Member
    When I'm stressed, I usually let it out by ranting at the most convenient target of opportunity on my blog. If I'm really stressed, I toss a little profanity in the mix.

Yuck ARG, that doesn't sound like fun. We have something like that in Quebec. (Luckily, I don't live in that part of Canada.)
    Good Luck! (and I totally understand your aversion to studying. When I was in school, I was the queen of procrastination.)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by brenna
    Yuck ARG, that doesn't sound like fun. We have something like that in Quebec. (Luckily, I don't live in that part of Canada.)
    Good Luck! (and I totally understand your aversion to studying. When I was in school, I was the queen of procrastination.)
    Thanks brenna for your kind words and concern...

And thanks EVERYONE for replying ! Really APPRECIATE it !

Keep them coming ! I like to hear (or see) from all of you !

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Thanks brenna for your kind words and concern...

And thanks EVERYONE for replying ! Really APPRECIATE it !

Keep them coming ! I like to hear (or see) from all of you !
    I like cali's technique. I started with that technique a few years back. its hard... because of the question of what to do with the nervous energy..... the answer is physical stuff. Work out, excercise, or if you must, find a solution to what stresses you out.

Of course, its hard when what stresses you is your SO. In my case, my wife has recently found that technique, and its made my home life all that much less stressful.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast