+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stress Management FORT Class

My wife will stress about everything. She'll not only stress about the thing that has a 1% chance of happening, but the thing that has a 1% chance of happening if that first thing happens, and so on.

I keep telling her: everything will be fine. Even if the absolute worst-case scenario of everything she ever stressed about happens, it's not like we'd end up living in a van down by the river or anything. So what's to worry about?

And arguy, I wouldn't call my job "stable". Anything but. After all, I'm self-employed, which is never a cakewalk. But I've been doing it for 3 years, and either I'm starting to adjust finally, or things are getting more predictable. I haven't figured out which.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I keep telling her: everything will be fine. Even if the absolute worst-case scenario of everything she ever stressed about happens, it's not like we'd end up living in a van down by the river or anything. So what's to worry about?

I love SNL!
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I just recently decided not to let myself get stressed.

It's not as easy as I thought it would be

When I feel myself starting to get stressed out I just take a breath and think: What's the point? Stressing isn't going to get me anywhere. I can take what is happening and smile or get mad. I've decided to smile.

Now, I say it isn't as easy as it sounds, but in the past two weeks I can not believe the difference, just be deciding NOT to stress. It's amazing
    Thanks Cali. I will write that down in my memo and take that into account.

Sweet !

Guys, I know I'm still young but, I have never been so stressed out in my life. This is my senior year in high school(thank GOD) and I have so much stuff going on and to worry about that I don't even
    know I'm at sometimes. But I usually chill out by reading a book, or watching the tube or something.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

When I get really stressed, I:

a) Go on the Internet
    b) Go running
    c) Read a good book
    d) Watch TV

School can be pretty stressful, I know. All that homwork combined with having to wake up extremely early (for me, it's 6 AM, the latest) won't make you very happy. I agree with cali with taking a deep breath and wondering why you are stressing over something.

It's also quite hard for me, to leave all my good best friends behind in High School and move on to a school fulled of strangers...

50 per cent of them behave weirdly... 50 per cent are smokers...

I'm DEAD, that's the first thought that came across my mind.

And my course isn't something I'm interested in, but something I'm capable of. Help !

I have no sense of directions of my future !

Anyone felt that way before ?

Also, to help relieve stress, it's good to look at nature. The wonderful nature. A walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    It's also quite hard for me, to leave all my good best friends behind in High School and move on to a school fulled of strangers...

50 per cent of them behave weirdly... 50 per cent are smokers...

I'm DEAD, that's the first thought that came across my mind.

And my course isn't something I'm interested in, but something I'm capable of. Help !

I have no sense of directions of my future !

Anyone felt that way before ?

Also, to help relieve stress, it's good to look at nature. The wonderful nature. A walk in the park.
    let me ask you.... does stress help you cope with it? does stress help you come up with answers? or is it simply taking up your time and energy and not helping the situation?

I am sure we have all felt the way you have. ultimately you have to decide what is right for you. Be yourself, relax. Remember that stress is only a distraction that does nothing for you, and you should be fine.

And even if you are not fine after that, you will at least have learned something new about yourself.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    let me ask you.... does stress help you cope with it? does stress help you come up with answers? or is it simply taking up your time and energy and not helping the situation?

I am sure we have all felt the way you have. ultimately you have to decide what is right for you. Be yourself, relax. Remember that stress is only a distraction that does nothing for you, and you should be fine.

And even if you are not fine after that, you will at least have learned something new about yourself.
    I will remember that, and try that... Thanks buddy !

Sleep. It's the same thing as death, you don't feel anything, except when you can wake up.

Well, I run a crisis line and one of the main functions we serve is to give people a place to vent, rant and otherwise let off steam. You don't have to be "in crisis", but can really call about anything, anytime. Lots of people just call us when they need someone to bounce ideas off of or sort through a problem with someone who is objective and supportive. It's free, it's confidential, nobody asks your name. What more could you ask?

If you want to call our line, the number is 505 277-3013 (now that people have free long distance on cell phones, people from all over the country call us). Or call one in your area.

It really helps to talk to someone who won't criticize you, judge you or talk about their own problems instead of listening to you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast