+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to be for Halloween?

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Haeijin, People need to take all these slightly obscure, somewhat literary and definitely eccentric ideas and have a field day with them. Form a League or something, and terrorize the streets on Halloween....
    Sounds like a really wild Super Hero group.

Hey....I watch Star Trek TNG, is that so wrong? *hangs head in shame*
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    No...I don't have any ridiculous body piercings (no ear piercings either), I don't own any weird chains, I don't paint my nails or lips black, my hair is dark naturally, I think that parachute pants look hideous, the idea of ripping up my clothes horrifies me, and the number of black clothes I have pales in comparison to how many blue clothes I have. And now that I think of it, I'm not that pale.
    then nope, i'm guessing you aren't goth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    ........But here's a picture from several years ago. I went as the Y2K Fairy (she fixes your computer even after it blue-screens). The film from this roll got solarized, so the effect on the wings was quite interesting. (I made the wings out of wire hangers and white silk.)
    I'm still new when it comes to photography. Did the film actually get solarized (I never heard of that, but there is plenty for me to learn) or were the prints solarized?

Either way, the result had a dream like quality, which I like.

The film was solarized. (It was briefly exposed to light.) The film developer fed black & white film into a machine which broke during the developing. I then took the negatives to another developer who processed the almost-ruined film. I was upset at first, but some of the pictures turned out quite nicely.

I did a search just now on solarization, and here are some instructions: http://www.jafaphotography.com/solarize.htm

FORT Fogey
    Actually, Cozette is the name of the girl from Les Mis but the one who sings on my own is Eponeme how ever you spell her name..lol

Thanks for the correction, FG! (Nice new av, by the way.)

My Colette is a French novelist and an infamous hedonist. (i.e. she seduced her stepson when she was in her late forties. )

Now I just need someone to play Missy, Napoleon's niece and her on-and-off lesbian lover.

Have I mentioned Colette is my hero?

FORT Fogey
    I think I might go as a Survivor. I'll just buy a buff and dig out an outfit that a castoff has worn before. I'll put the buff in my hair. I guess Halloween is a big deal around here and people really go all out for it. Should be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    The film was solarized. (It was briefly exposed to light.) The film developer fed black & white film into a machine which broke during the developing. I then took the negatives to another developer who processed the almost-ruined film. I was upset at first, but some of the pictures turned out quite nicely.

I did a search just now on solarization, and here are some instructions: http://www.jafaphotography.com/solarize.htm
    Shayla, thanks for the info. Regarding the broken machine, my instructor always talks about "happy mistakes" or "new opportunities". I really like his POV.

I have come up with a new idea. I'm going to be a bohemian. Or maybe I'll be Bernard Marx. I'll have to wait until Halloween to be sure, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast