+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What are you going to be for Halloween?

I like the Scream Stalker from the movie Scream!!!

foolhardy comrade Moon Skin Child's Avatar
    Haej can be goth...thanks to some thinking, hepcat and my current av, I'm going as Samara! Now I need to let my hair grow a little....

Thanks, hep...
    I was in love with a difficult man.

You're welcome. A wig works too....

Your av freaks me out. My browser does weird things with it - like it doesn't animate, but it will split in half vertically when I'm not looking giving 2 Samaras, one white & one black. That movie gave me nightmares. Be sure to take pictures!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I'm not sure yet. I've narrowed it down to a cheerleader or a Fox dirt bike racer. I love Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Skin Child
    Haej can be goth...thanks to some thinking, hepcat and my current av, I'm going as Samara! Now I need to let my hair grow a little....

Thanks, hep...
    The Ring was one of the few movies out there that FREAKED me out! I hope no one dresses up as Samara at our party!

As soon as I cut my hair short I decided, I want to be Chris Trousdale for Halloween.

Hee. Amazing heights.

My friend can't make up her mind on what she wants to be. The idea I liked best was to dress up like a homeless man and walk around school with one of those toy shopping carts. But five minutes later she just changed her mind again.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

I'm thinking of resurrecting my space chick costume which consists of neon pink wig, silver spraypainted shorts & halter top, & spraypainted socks, white rollerskates. And a ray gun. But in order to chase a kid I'll downgrade to old shoes spraypainted silver. I remembered that I've moved since I last wore it so no one here's seen it! Ha!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

sheela, great costume idea! cali, that is original, indeed. I enjoy making up puns and putting together outrageous halloween costumes, but...it takes time for people to understand my *ahem* creations.

My costumes in previous years:

1) Your Fairy Podmother (a cross between a fairy godmother and an alien blossoming with little alien children)

2) Make Lourve Not Whorf (I wore a Mona Lisa tie and had a picture of Whorf pinned to my blouse with a little red "X" through it. "Make Louvre Not Whorf" means "Make Love Not War"...on my planet.)

3) Salome (I wore a billowy bellydancing costume and carried around the decapitated head of John the Baptist. It was difficult to carry the head everywhere, but, hey--at least I had a dancing partner...)

Shayla! Your creations sound damn original! I especially like the "Make Louvre Not Whorf" - that took a bit of thought, I bet.

Salome (I wore a billowy bellydancing costume and carried around the decapitated head of John the Baptist. It was difficult to carry the head everywhere, but, hey--at least I had a dancing partner...)
    Did you have his head on a dish? Did you passionately and unreservedly smooch his decaptitated head (as in the Oscar Wilde play)? I bet that would have gotten some eeewwws. Or did you have the severed head utter "Herod! Thou shouldst not have the wife of Philip, thy brother!" (as in the Biblical version)? See, if you had installed, I dunno, some of kind of recording device in the head to make it shout that one line...it would make both an obscure reference and a great way to scare the young 'uns.

I wonder how one might pull off being Dorian Grey? Have someone hold a painting of old Dorian while you dress up as young Dorian?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast