+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Addictions?

JR.
    If you guys start playing GTA3 you will not stop. I haven't bought it out of fear of never leaving the house again. I was playing at a friend's house for 8 hours, as in 8 hours straight.

It's easily the video game equivalant to crack.

Princess
    It's easily the video game equivalant to crack.
    Oh, dear.... I should definitely stay away from it then! I addict very easily to games. Thanks, JR, for saving me .

Originally posted by Modesty

So I gather Civ III + expansion pack is what to get, Bill?
    Yes, the expansion pack is called Play the World.

Civ III lets you decide to be a peaceful builder, or a ruthless despot, or any combination thereof.

Whereas in Civ I and II you pretty much wanted to build a production base and then roll over your enemies, in CivIII it is possible to build a national culture that overpowers your neighbors by itself, and they begin joining your nation.

CivIII is like FreeCell, people either love it or hate it, but I usually don't find anyone in between.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Originally posted by John
    GTA = Grand Theft Auto - a free-form action game, no doubt about to be blamed for the next teenage homocidal freak.

GTAIII also graces my hard drive.

A truely amazing accomplishment from a gaming perspective. I think the content is a little harsh, but I marvel at the ingenuity.

You can simply drive around the city during quiet times and find new things everywhere.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Tropico's pretty cool too. But I just couldn't bring myself to be mean to my people. I was such a wimp of a dictator.

labtech
    My favorite is Moh Jongg Tiles. I love this game!! It is very addictive.

Labtech, I also love Mah Jongg (or however you spell it). I have a game on my computer, and still play it once in a while.

Sleeping with George W
    I love Mah Jongg too, except I'm so pig-headed that I'll replay and replay and replay the same game until I win, so it takes me forever sometimes to play just one layout.

I CAN'T STOP PLAYING GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Fade to black
    I don't play many video games, but my brother is a junkie. He played Ultima Online pretty much non-stop for a year, then Everquest (he dubbed it Evercrack) for another year and now he's been playing this game called Dark Age of Camelot. Here's his typical day: Wake up at 5:30 am, go to work, get home at 6:30, play his game until 12 or 1 am, go to bed. On weekends, that'll be all he does. I'm lucky if I can convince him to go to a movie with me, and as far as taking care of household stuff, well I'm better off just doing it on my own, cuz he'll whine if I ask him. He loves his games so much he hasn't gone on a date or ummm "gotten any" in 3 years. His last girlfriend was someone I set him up with... when they were dating he would take his computer with him to her house when he went to visit (she lived 2 hours away). Needless to say, the game won out. And he wonders why he's still single. When the power goes out or the Internet goes down, I'm best off avoiding him at all costs because he throws a fit.

So, can anyone top THAT?

Oh, yea, this kind of annoys me, but hey, it's his life (other than this one small fact, we get along rather well).
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast