+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Game Addictions?

agentcarver
    Bejewled?

Originally posted by John
    Civ 3 is good if you like the previous Civ games, but it's definitely not worth the money if you want a big technology jump - it just ain't there.

I was hooked on the Sims for a while, then Tropico which is pretty good.
    You are right that the latest version isn't really enough of a jump to justify the III name, but it is pretty good once you get used to the quirks of culture that they introduced. At first I hated it, but now I can't find CivII nearly as entertaining because it doesn't have it.

Plus with the PTW expansion pack, it has four different methods of multiple players. It's addicting to play with culture/diplomacy/war against humans.

I eagerly await SimCity 4.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

agentcarver
    Tropico is the best game I've currently got in my library... The Sims Hot Date is a close second, though ;-)

Princess
    War??? It must have been long time since I played Civ I, b/c I can't even remember there was any wars....
    Maybe I should get Civ III?

I didn't get the expansion pack, because I got bored with Civ3 (after buying it the day it was released) in about 2 weeks. It sits on my shelf collecting dust...Like most games I've bought.

I still play Freecell once in a while. To date, I've played more than 3,000 games on this computer, with no reset ever, and have a 78% win rate. Not bad, considering I learned to play on this computer. Let's see, 3000x5 minutes = a lot of wasted time

I'm anxious to try GTA3. Haven't tried either of the previous 2, but I've read awesome things about this one. But GTA3 would mean less FORT time, right? Ugh.

Bejeweled is the spawn of the devil!

Princess
    John, what's GTA?
    78% on free-cell? I have 84%... (and this is the one I started on too )
    So I gather Civ III + expansion pack is what to get, Bill?

GTA = Grand Theft Auto - a free-form action game, no doubt about to be blamed for the next teenage homocidal freak.

84's pretty good, Modesty. I can't seem to get my stat to rise above 79%, and it drops back down pretty quick. But then, I haven't played for a while... Once you have 3,000 games played, it takes a lot more to raise the stats up.

Princess
    John - the trick with getting good free-cell stats is only to play it when you are in top performance mood...
    Grand Theft Auto... sounds interesting.... I'll check it out!

The only game I can say I've played pretty consistently, and has made it through several "hard drive cleanup sessions" is The Sims. I don't have the time for it that I used to, but it's still fun for me, and I lose interest VERY quickly with most games.

I love the Sim and Tycoon games, though. They're by far the most fun for me.

I had a lot of fun with RollerCoaster Tycoon for a while, then sold it on eBay, along with Myst III:Exile.

agentcarver
    Ah, Ebay. Tea is to the British what Ebay is to the Americans ;-)

John: Are you interested in the offline version of Hangaroo?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast