+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane/Tornado Survival Stories

I was on a golf date with a guy friend once. We had just finished playing when the clouds got dark. By the time we put up the golf cart it was pouring rain. We jumped in his truck and decided to sit and chat awhile till the storm died down.

We were having fun talking, so we left about 30 mintues later. We sort of mildly noticed a metal roof that was laying by the road.

Next day - read in the paper that a tornado had hit the golf course. Showed all these pictures of uprooted trees, damage and destruction to the course and the homes in the area.

We sat right thru it. Ignorance truly is bliss!

usually the night before a big storm I go down to the beach or the Pier near me to either fish or contemplate diving in, either way it's a blast

Growing up in Buffalo, we had more than our fair share of blizzards. A couple of years ago, we got something like 7 feet of snow in 5 days. Friends of mine from all over the country were calling, wondering if I was okay. Little did they realize - a lot of the people who live there LOVE storms like that! There's the occasional roof collapse or car accident as a result of the weather, but those things are more rare than you'd think. More often than not, it's just a free week to sit home and be cozy. I miss that snow....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12