+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please read!

1. What is your favorite show?
    Nashville Star
    (also Survivor, TAR & BB)

2. Why do you like this show?
    Nashville Star - I prefer this show because it allowed any person from any stage of their life to try out (i.e there was no age-limit like American Idol..which meant that people who has been struggling for a long time to break into the business actually had a chance and it turned out that the most deserving, hard-working person actually won.....

I also like the aspect of good music combined with new talent & to watch them BEFORE they get polished up & commercialized ....

As for BB, TAR & Survivor, I just like to see the interaction between the various types of people they put together, there are people from all walks of life that are thrown together to compete + being a reality TV show, even though some of it is edited, it is still unpredictable & exciting to watch.

3. Why do you love reality tv in general?

It's great watching real people like you and me, people who LOOK normal, people who have flaws like all of us do .... people who aren't perfect like the ones you see one soaps & in movies.... I think it's easier to relate to real people which also makes it very emotional at times to follow the shows because you can RELATE to these people & how they feel & what they go through etc.... :-)

4. Would you be on a reality tv show?
    I would probably want to be on something like Big Brother, but I wouldn't go on Survivor or TAR unless I was more physical fit than I am now... besides some of those stunts they have to do in those shows I think are best to watch from the couch at home..... :-)

Good luck with your article
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

KevinColley#16 BST!!!!!!! Clayalltheway49's Avatar
    You guys are the best!!!! Thanks...so far your answers are great!!!!
    LETS GO ISLANDERS AND SOUNDTIGERS!!!!

American Idol #1, Amazing Race #2, Survivor #3
    I love to see the audition process, love hearing people sing, with the last two it's for the adventure
    It's more unpredictable than "fictional" TV, and the contestants are so visibly affected by everything that happens, even when the producers prod things along, the emotion of the contestants still seems very genuine
    Maybe. Not sure if I would want people discussing me and inevitably somehow tearing me to shreds. I don't think I'd want to read or know about that. I'm not strong enough for it. I'm a wuss.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    The Amazing Race

It's a fast-paced, energetic show with real relationships with people. Although it can be edited to lean toward a particular person and/or couple, there's no real "characters" as often is the case on other shows in the reality genre. Plus I like watching the interaction not only between teams, but with the local people in each area of the world they encounter.

It's an escape from real life, mostly with situations I would never be in within my own life.

No - I wouldn't sacrifice the time away from my family. Also, most reality shows cast for the younger demographic, and being almost 35, I wouldn't be the material most shows are seeking. Not to mention I hate the elements and could never handle Survivor. My husband and I wouldn't make the Amazing Race because I'm always right

I'm adding a question - Do you think the Reality Genre will go away and/or change?
    I believe that the reality genre has already changed from the first installments of The Real World, which I believe was the catapult for this wave of television. Thinking from RW1 vs. RW10, there is much less "real" situations and many of the reality shows now create drama instead of letting it happen on it's own. I also think that reality is leaning toward the most outrageous stunts/events/situations, etc. versus being "real". The only "real" thing about a lot of the newer shows in this category is that they cast people who aren't professional actors - although so many of them want to be, it's beginning to be hard to tell who is or isn't an actor.

(If you want you can state your name and location as well)
    Mary Beth, New York

Good luck with your paper!

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp
    [b]
    My husband and I wouldn't make the Amazing Race because I'm always right
    Maryb
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

The Bachelor and The Bachelorette

I enjoy watching all of the contestants (25 men or women) all competing for the same person. It's such a proposterous idea that would never happen in real life.... and the reactions and the pettiness that ensue are just too good to miss!

Because though it has elements of predictability, you are more often surprised or shocked by the turn of events than you are by scripted television shows.... though my favorite tv shows are still nonreality television.

Nope. I enjoy sitting back watching other people make fools of themselves and blame it on editing. There is no way I'd put myself out there to be criticized and bashed. I prefer to sit on the criticizing and bashing side of things.

5. Do you think the Reality Genre will go away/change?
    I don't think that reality tv will go away any time soon. The network producers love the fact that they have hit tv shows without having to shell out the money for its stars. I think it's always going to change slightly because its viewers are always going to be expecting more.

Survivor

The interaction between the players and seeing why some people make it and some don't. Despite the similar players and challenges in each season, there are always new twists. I started watching midway through the first season when BB bored me to death and have been hooked since.

I really don't watch most of the shows, esp. the singing and matchmaking ones. I used to watch MTV's Real Road and Road Rules when each started, since they seemed new and, well, "real". On many of the shows now, the people seem to be trying to put on a show instead of being themselves. The only shows I watch now are Survivor, TAR when I had time (rarely), and I would watch the original (non-celeb) Mole if it were back, which appears unlikely.

One of the 3 shows I listed above, maybe. But if I were on one, I would only like to be on it, not to stretch out my 15 minutes of fame with an entertainment career. One like that would be OK, but I wouldn't do one where they bring in people from your past. (too much back there )
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

I should see The Amazing Race...you all love it so much...I never watched it.

they said that somebody has already done something on reality tv before in previous issues.....BUT I AM LOOKING AT THINGS in a different way....grr...don't give up on me....just keep trying...and hope I can get them to get me to do this article.

[QUOTE=Clayalltheway49

It was American Idol 2

I enjoy the singing and anticipation to find out who would move on. I enjoy that type of performance (singing, dancing).

It's entertaining. I'm curious to see how people would react under unnatural or difficult situations. I get to see a show from CA when I live in NY.

I changed my mind to NO. It's very difficult and some shows manipulate the contestants or the situation.

(If you want you can state your name and location as well)

...[/QUOTE]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast