+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile World

Mobile World

Well we live in a world of technology these days and i was just wondering what if any mobile phone you have ? Does it matter to you about keeping up with the latest phone, or are you happy so long as it works ?

I have a Nokia 6610 and its nice and small to fit in my pocket and has some nice features, im happy
    www.synergy-4ums.com General Chat Forum
    www.thepremierleague.co.uk Football Chat Forum
    www.f1-onthegrid.co.uk Formula 1 Chat Forum
    SYNERGY... Two Forces... One Power...

I have an Audiovox, which is about 2.5 years old, but it small and works well. It's not a flip-phone, which is good because I hate them.

Being the geek I am, I figured you might want to SEE my phone...

[IMG]images/img/Cdm9000_x.jpg[/IMG]

Not all that impressive, but it works. I'm hard on phones.

It's coming up on two years since I went with Cingular for the Nokia 5165. At the time, it was your middle-of-the-road phone--it worked and I was happy.

Cons: I couldn't hook a laptop up to it and call out on the laptop's modem. And backing up the phone list to my PC...? Fuhgeddaboutit.

After about a year and a half (six months until I have to decide to renew with Cingular or go with a new carrier), the phone turned into a piece of crap.

I first started noticing this when the alarm would go off at weird hours. Imagine that I'm on a business trip and I've worked a 12-hour day. I crawl into bed after 1 am, set the alarm for 6:30, and at 2:27 am, the alarm goes off like an air-raid siren, forcing me to jump out of bed and yell things that make the trucker next door gasp.

Then the battery wouldn't charge. I plug in the AC adapter, and sometimes it charges, sometimes it doesn't.

Now, in my job capacity, I carry a Nextel. That's one of those obnoxious units that doubles as a walkie-talkie. You may think, "Work paid for it...? Nice, huh?" Not really. It's an electronic tether. In the IT hierarchy, I'm the Backup Guy, too, so if the PC that controls manufacturing goes down at 3:30 am (Please, God, no.), then guess who gets that dreaded chirp!-chirp! on the Nextel and dragged out of bed?

And, yes, I carry two phones like your company's computer geek (Nick Burns).
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Fogey
    aw man I wish I had a cell phone (adds another item to my "Santa" wishlist.. ) anyone have any suggestions for a cheapish phone (about 50-75 $) for Verizon Wireless?

Ack John! My mom has had that phone for 3 years and she insists on keeping it because, as you said, it does still work fine. It really is a sturdy phone, but IMO too bulky.

Leo
    Premium Member
    My phone is an Ericsson T65. I've had it for about a year, and it's reliable as hell. Reasonably small, too it's about the size of my hand.

I have a Nokia which is one of those tele fone phones, I buy the minutes in advance. I hate carrying a cell phone, I never leave it on. I have a pager for crisis calls.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I have a Nokia which is one of those tele fone phones, I buy the minutes in advance. I hate carrying a cell phone, I never leave it on. I have a pager for crisis calls.
    I got one of those too, haven't given the number to anyone but son's teachers and husband. It is basically for emergencies, I do not particularly want to be reachable 24 hours a day for everyone anymore. Back when we lived in Finland I used to use cell phone a lot, and text message even more, it was handy to send what you had to say and other person could read in in convenient time.

That Nokia model phat32 mentioned had a problem, at least the first couple years it was made, but they should be fixed now. Somehow it feels like you got one of these older ones, since the problem was with charging: it would not charge unless it was completely out of charge first, and you could not call while charging. It was very annoying, but they have since fixed it to my knowledge. My current phone is that same Nokia model, and I am fine with it, I have not noticed any problems with charging, except that I have to turn it on to start charging, maybe it is charging when not on, but it does not show the charging sign (like I think it should).

Originally I had first an older Nokia, it worked great, I bought it used (actually got it free). Battery started to be shortlived though, so I bought a new phone, Ericsson. It was really handy, vibration alarm and all in one cheap package, vibration alarm was nice to not annoy people in public with a ringing phone. Now of course when living abroads I have to support homeland industry and buy a Nokia, even though I would be happier with that Ericsson I used to have

I have a Kyocera 2345, it's pretty cool. I've attached a pic only mine is blue. I don't need anything fancy although I would love a camera phone!

I have an Audiovox Digital 1x. It isn't a bad phone, I only use it for long distance, though. And it is on all day at work in case my daughter's school needs to get ahold of me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast