+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Underage members?

~*Perfect Princess*~ Blazingorchidlv's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lamonte
    "ghetto" as you call it, and computer talk are two totally different things.
    LoL I was thinking that when I read that post. They have nothing to do with one another. haha
    I swear the alcohol is coming out my nose

Ociffer...i swear to drunk i am not God...

"ghetto" as you call it, and computer talk are two totally different things.
    Maybe so. I guess I didn't make my wording clear enough. Generally the people who want to be "ghetto" or "cool" or "gangsta" type like that (meaning "fear maii maddd skilsz"). That's what I meant. That some people nowadays want to fit in with the mainstream image, and the first way to do that is by typing differently.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    fear maii maddd skilsz

I don't even know what that means.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    fear maii maddd skilsz

I don't even know what that means.
    I didn't either when I first saw that. You have to read them out loud to get it. That's the problem with typing like that. You have no idea what they're trying to say. Unless, of course, you're so used to typing like that you can zip through with no problem. Which is sort of sad in my opinion.

Soon people will be able to tell how others type based on how they speak! (Group 1: "Yea forill I'm baq 'n' betta than eva" and Group 2: "Yeah, for real, I'm back and better than ever")

Or maybe that's just because I take proper use of English very seriously, just as any old prude might do.

I have never heard anyone talk "exactly" like that online, and I'm sure I wouldn't know what it meant the first time I looked at it either. I'm a Black/Indian 17 year old who lives in St. Louis and I don't talk "ghetto" or anything like that at school or otherwise. It just makes you sound stupid and uneducated. The only reason I or anyone else would talk like that online is because there is really no use of typing full words out like (because), when you can use "cuz" and people know what you mean. So I dont think most people are trying to be "gangsta" or "ghetto" when they type like that, they are just trying to cut to the chase and save a little time and energy.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

I have never heard anyone talk "exactly" like that online, and I'm sure I wouldn't know what it meant the first time I looked at it either. I'm a Black/Indian 17 year old who lives in St. Louis and I don't talk "ghetto" or anything like that at school or otherwise. It just makes you sound stupid and uneducated. The only reason I or anyone else would talk like that online is because there is really no use of typing full words out like (because), when you can use "cuz" and people know what you mean. So I dont think most people are trying to be "gangsta" or "ghetto" when they type like that, they are just trying to cut to the chase and save a little time and energy.
    You do have good points, and I feel that using words like "cuz" is fine when it comes to saving time, but why type like "fear maii maddd skillsz" when you actually save time while typing in plain English? Why add extra letters? Why go out of your way to use unheard of symbols like "`" when you know you're not saving time? Why bother thinking about which way to type (hmmm...shall it be "yu" or "u" or shall it be "miii" or maiii")? Why bother to do any of that stuff?

Answer: Because it's cool. At least to some, that is.
    Last edited by haejin; 09-20-2003 at 02:56 PM.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, using all that other stuff is just plain stupid, and you won't see me ever doing it.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I can understand when 'u' and 'da' came from in the computer world: 'u' is easier to type than you and 'da' is easier to type than the. But skilz... that annoys me to no end.

You mean stuff like "Koolest" and the over-use of exclamation points? Yeah, I hate that too.

Lingo sucks, it's completely ruining our educational system, and the fact that I hate it is why it's not allowed here on this site.

Oh God ... don't get me started on internet lingo. I absolutely DESPISE it. I've always been very spastic about correct grammar, and I can't stand it when pEePs TiNk IsH kEwL 2 tAlK lIk DiS.

::vomits::

What I especially hate is when "your" or "you're" is written as "ur". ::smashes head into computer screen:: I have one friend who does it constantly, and it pisses me off so much.

I like the internet and all, but when mixed with stupid people it has completely butchered our English grammar. And that makes TK want to cry.
    "Let's go piss off some heterosexuals ... if we can find any in this great, big, gay world of ours ... LET'S GO!" -Gale Harold, Queer As Folk season 3 wrap party reel

+ Reply to Thread