+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Underage members?

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haejin11377
    Oh, I'll be 18 soon. Well, not very soon. In fact, I won't be 18 for quite a while. In my old school, I think that I was the only one who didn't regularly curse. I knew quite a few people who cursed for the heck of it. Shocking, really.

When I was 11, every time one of my friends spoke, every other word that came out of her mouth was a swearword. So maybe it wasn't f**k or s**t, but there were other profanities/vulgarities. I think quite a few people in my class were influenced by her, because at the end of that year, many more students spoke "ghetto" than in the beginning of the year. Sad.
    See, this is one of those really odd moments, because I'm near the other side of this certain equation. I definetly don't spew four letter words every three words, but I definetly don't carefully watch my langauge, either. I just don't see a point in cursing in a forum. I mean, curse words are usually words that slip out of your mouth, not words that you intentionally use to get noticed.

FORT Fogey
    bored!

Of course, I swear an awful lot when I'm really really pissed! But not on here. I think pissed is the worst word I've ever used on here.

I totally agree with you bored and lil, that was my whole point. A lot of the adults don't even cuss that much on here but we have teenagers doing it in every post. Sad really. :rolleyes

Quote Originally Posted by boredouttamind
    See, this is one of those really odd moments, because I'm near the other side of this certain equation. I definetly don't spew four letter words every three words, but I definetly don't carefully watch my langauge, either. I just don't see a point in cursing in a forum. I mean, curse words are usually words that slip out of your mouth, not words that you intentionally use to get noticed.
    Exactly.

By the way, I love your sigline.

I have no idea why I'm even reading this thread. I'm so far removed from "underage" that I hardly recall being there. I'm "mature" and nosey now.

Everyone thought I was in my mid 30s until i revealed my age...too bad some people my age cant hide it. I think I'm gonna be pretty offended though, if when I'm 30 people think I talk like I'm 50 :mad:

WEll, I am certainly over age, and often times I can tell who is and is not under age (of course there are exceptions, like bored)....

Nonetheless, I think properly filtering what you let escape is essential not just for those under say, 18 but above that age.... I use 'frikkin' here on occasion, but in RL (yes there is a RL out there) i use the same word. really. I rarely curse, and when i do, its for effect (which is easy to pull off if one rarely curses, and impossible, if one constantly does)....

~senrik the old.
    Last edited by senrik; 09-15-2003 at 12:27 AM.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well, I won't lie. I curse a lot. In fact sometimes I could make sailors blush. I only curse that much when I'm really mad or drunk (and I'm usually pissed off anyway when I get drunk so those go hand in hand). The rest of the time I do try to limit the amount of "s" and "f" bombs I drop.

The weird thing is, I only really get mad when I'm playing video games (unless of course I'm drunk, like I said). There's nothing more frustrating than giving up a 90-yard TD on a 3rd and 30 in NCAA football, or having your idiot catapult crew squash your 8-star general in Medieval Total War (though when that happens, I'm usually laughing at the same time I'm cursing. There IS something funny about a visual of a large shadow growing larger as it descends upon your general on horseback, right before he snuffs it. Especially if it's a Prince or King. The entire Danish Royal family, killed by flying rocks.). Sometimes it's all I can do not to throw my computer/Playstation 2 right out the window, letting fly a storm of curses in the process. Good thing I always play with my door closed, though there have been times when Mom or Dad will hear me let fly with a bomb or two. Even though I'm 27, it's still humbles me get called down for language by the parents.
    Last edited by Yellow Apple; 09-15-2003 at 09:32 AM.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    WEll, I am certainly over age, and often times I can tell who is and is not under age (of course there are exceptions, like bored)....

Nonetheless, I think properly filtering what you let escape is essential not just for those under say, 18 but above that age.... I use 'frikkin' here on occasion, but in RL (yes there is a RL out there) i use the same word. really. I rarely curse, and when i do, its for effect (which is easy to pull off if one rarely curses, and impossible, if one constantly does)....

~senrik the old.
    Well, you're not *that* old, technically.

Sooo...it's not worth guessing whether or not I'm an exception too, is it? Since in the Games forum you asked if the person below you was a teenager, and I was the only one in that forum...ok, so I just answered my own question. Silly me.

FORT Fogey
    I'm a "young-in", almost 15, BUT I know how to follow rules, etc. I agree, some people here need to act their age, but sometimes we get a bad rep...

-Rach

+ Reply to Thread