+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 - Never Forget!

9/11 - Never Forget!

Please take a few moments out of your today to pray for the victims of 9/11 and their families. To all the firefighters, police, and anyone who assisted in the rescue and recovery attempts from NYC, D.C., and PA thank you!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fade to black
    A big !!!!

A poem I wrote shortly after 9/11.

"I Live"

Soil
    red as clay.
    Concrete slabs
    are marble pillars.
    Voices buried
    with hearts torn
    in half.
    A single tear
    followed
    by another.

Today I died,
    but yet
    I live.

Star-spangled banner
    halfway up a pole.
    Pretty little flowers
    on the ground
    dying
    wilting
    away.

Yesterday I died,
    but yet
    I live.

People together
    in remembrance
    of terror.
    But will it last
    beyond tomorrow?

Two hundred and twenty five years ago I died,
    but yet
    I live.

Black dresses
    and shallow graves
    and clenched hands
    and bowed heads
    and
    the sounds
    of sorrow.

Tomorrow I die,
    but yet
    I live.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, I know you'll be a star in somebody else's eyes... but why... why... why can't it be me?

Amen.

I lost a good friend on the first plane that morning.I try not to think about what happened to him,but the images keep flowing in my head.I miss him that's all.To anyone who lost someone that day or maybe just lost a sense of peace,my heart goes out to you and yours.

ALWAYS REMEMBER THE FALLEN HERO.

Oh my gosh aliasmq, I am so sorry.

Leo
    Premium Member
    It's not just the US that shouldn't forget 9/11. 9/11 was an attack at all countries that hold human life and freedom sacred.

This site - Voices: Stories from 9/11 And Beyond is the best I've seen that tries to keep the memories intact. It takes personal stories from people all around the world and publishes them, making it part of the historical record.
    Last edited by Leo; 09-11-2003 at 08:19 AM.

The one vivid recollection I have of that day was the feeling for the first time in my life how vulnerable and unsafe I felt for my family and myself, how the chaos just overtook us and how unprepared we all were.We are not as safe as we think and we must remember that. Why is it that it took that trajedy to bring people together and make us for one fleeting moment respect and treat each other human and kind? Why did it have to stop?

Quote Originally Posted by aliasmq
    The one vivid recollection I have of that day was the feeling for the first time in my life how vulnerable and unsafe I felt for my family and myself, how the chaos just overtook us and how unprepared we all were.We are not as safe as we think and we must remember that. Why is it that it took that trajedy to bring people together and make us for one fleeting moment respect and treat each other human and kind? Why did it have to stop?
    Trust me alias, I know how you feel. I was in the towers that day, my sister was in a bulding 200 yards away, and I had a brother in law on his way to work (in the towers) at the time.

yeah vulnerable is the feeling. scary. a bit helpless. Its all a complex jumble of emotions and fears. (part of why I moved, out west).
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

What's odd is that I don't see anything on primetime TV tonight that looks back on this/comments on this. (At least according to yahoo TV). Will they really be showing triple CSI's, Temptation Island, Friends, etc. Hmmm..just thought it was odd/interesting.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Trust me alias, I know how you feel. I was in the towers that day, my sister was in a bulding 200 yards away, and I had a brother in law on his way to work (in the towers) at the time.

yeah vulnerable is the feeling. scary. a bit helpless. Its all a complex jumble of emotions and fears. (part of why I moved, out west).
    amen brother, you get the sense that we lost all belief in defense, but we are coming back.It's a scary thing to think we are safe,they are still in our backyards as we speak.I get so angry at the disregaurd for life those animals have towards us, replaying images and soundbites in your mind can do serious damage,those people jumping,holding hands....Terrible!! the children,men,women...the emts,fire and police looking absolutely bewildered.I am mad now with thoughts again,pardon my rant,but it is just something that should not have happened. This time every year now I go and thank my firehouse workers that bust ass to keep people safe,I don't know maybe that's my therapy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast