+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 - Never Forget!

My sympathies to everyone who lost a loved one or friend that day. I said a little prayer for those to lost their lives and the families they left behind.

I wrote such a long post, but deleted it. Anyway, although it is a time to remember tragedy and lose, I hope to also make it a time for reflection. What have I done with my life? Have I helped anyone? What WILL I do to make my life better and have it count for something?

I hope everyone is well and receive many blessings that you appreciated.

May you all be well and be happy. One world--one heart.

I'll never forget 9/11 and all the people lost and countless other lives changed forever. Some images of that day are so haunting and I pray that good things will come out of what was learned and the future will be brighter and safer.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    My prayers and sympathies are with everyone that has lost a loved one or a friend on that tragic day. I also have said a prayer today for everyone. Something like this makes you reflect on your life and people around you. You never know what could happen, so don't take things for granted. We need to stick together as a country not only during times like this, but all of the time.

God bless all the fallen victims and heros. Keep our patriotism alive!!!

I'll just second what everyone else has put so well as I still have difficulty talking about the events of two years ago. It is also my birthday so I have all sorts of emotions, but I would agree that a few moments for reflection is a good idea. One year ago I was living in St. Louis and was overwhelmed with the bombardment of media coverage so I walked down to the riverfront and the Arch from my apt. (about a 12 mile round trip). So far this year is better (like eldee I wrote more but deleted it)
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Brusch - have a great day. It's too bad you feel you can't enjoy it as normal.

Brusch hon, if you want to, you can celebrate your birthday tomorrow and we won't tell anyone. Regardless, it is a day for happiness because you are still here and hopefully well.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Brusch hon, if you want to, you can celebrate your birthday tomorrow and we won't tell anyone. Regardless, it is a day for happiness because you are still here and hopefully well.
    Eldee, that message to Brusch put a tear in my eye because you're right. Even though we mourn the victims and reflect on our world we have to remember how lucky we all are to be living on the best continent on earth.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

BTW Brusch
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

I never wanted to grab and hold and be with everyone I knew and loved more than on 9/11/01. I thought if I could just be with them all together-- we'd all be ok.

September 11 is not the only thing that comes to mind when I think about politcal tragedies, and it's certainly not the worst. The Kurdish massacre at Halabja (backed by the U.S., by the way), Sarajevo, Kosovo (again, w/ U.S. intervention), the ongoing and bloody Israel-Palestine conflict (aggravated by the Washington admin), Sierra Leone, East Timor (towards which the U.S., for the longest time, turned a blind eye), the war in Chechnya (ditto)...I could go on and on, even with my limited knowledge of world events.

Who mourns for them?

All this is not to downplay what happened on 9/11. I remember cramming myself into the school library that day and watching with horror, like rest of my classmates, the harrowing story unfolding on the news. We shouted with outrage when CBC aired scenes of a few Palestinians celebrating on the streets in the terrible aftermath. In retrospect, however, it was not really outrage I felt, I think, but more of bitterness and great frustration - that between human beings there can exist such a great gulf which compassion cannot bridge - that between brothers and sisters even temporary reconciliation may be impossible.

History continues to bleed. Everywhere.

Therefore, my deepest sympathies goes out to the Americans here at FoRT, who had to suffer through the horror of witnessing in their own backyard what should have never happened, anywhere, in an ideal world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast