+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: out of the hospital, so much for a one day stay

just above the horizon, but below the ozone

out of the hospital, so much for a one day stay

well I went into the hospital for an in and out hernia surgery friday, yes I said friday. I just got releast today, had alot of adhesions and a blocked bowel that they found and had to open me up more that just the hernia would have taken. so while in there I said take the appendix too, I don't want that failing in a year and have to come back for that too.

The way I found out about the bent bowel was I started to have diarehha tuesady and went home, stayed home rest of week, feeling bad, then at 3am when I was calling my boss to say I wasn't making it to work, all four days of food that got digested and never went any further down the line, came up. Hunt's snack packs have got nothing on the flavor of that, let me tell you. So I told the doc the next morning in pre op and thats when he decided to crack me opne even more and found all the problems. gee no wonder I would feel a might fragile at times. My innerds were in a turmoil.

I may not be on alot as I am cut from above the navel to just above the "big guy" who has been in hiding since then, guess he is scared of knives too. Makes it hard to sit here longer than 30 minutes to review the site and check email.

poor joeguy! here's wishing you a speedy recovery! feel better soon!!

Dang, joeguy! You sure know how to make a guy want to exercise and eat right.

I'm glad you're home, and that the docs fixed ya up right this time. Get well soon!

Glad you're finally out.

Have a speedy and comfortable recovery.

so while in there I said take the appendix too, I don't want that failing in a year and have to come back for that too.
    Wow, volunteering to have extras removed... That's ballsy but probably saved you some future worry.
    Sorry to hear it, Joeguy. What a bad ordeal. Well, enjoy your downtime as much as possible. Hopefully you'll be back on your feet in no time! Take care.
    ~Glenna

Princess
    Ouch! Good to hear you're safely back home though. Hope all will heal well and you'll feel better soon.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I may not be on alot as I am cut from above the navel to just above the "big guy" who has been in hiding since then, guess he is scared of knives too. Makes it hard to sit here longer than 30 minutes to review the site and check email.
    I had major colon surgery (had a section removed) in January and got cut open the exact same way so I can relate. It's a real b**ch to cough, isn't it? Good luck Joe!

ahh, JoeGuy, I'm so glad to hear you are home. I've been thinking of you the past few days.
    Here's wishing you a speedy recovery. The big guy will be his old self soon
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

OMG. It makes me hurt just thinking about that. Not fun. And I know about the coughing thing too. I had a c-section when I had my son. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

I'm a newbie and you don't know me, but wow, your post almost hurt to read. Sure hope your recovery is swift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast