+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: out of the hospital, so much for a one day stay

ow ow ow
    hold a pillow against your lower stomach if you need to cough.
    Poor Joeguy...should we all chip in and send a nurse over to you??
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

NLMCP's advice about the pillow is good advice!

Here's a hug and some ginger ale!

Feel better, joeguy! You're in my thoughts.
    Who shot who in the what now?

Molly, I agree that the pillow advice is good, but I have a feeling JoeGuy would prefer a nurse "covering" him... so long as it's not Nurse Ratchet that is
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Joeguy, I'm glad you're in your home.

Rest up and don't forget to call your doctor if you have any questions, it's their job.

I wish you a speedy and full recovery!!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Ouch Joeguy. Just reading that made me double over in pain. I'm glad to hear that you are out of the hospital. Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Dang, joeguy! You sure know how to make a guy want to exercise and eat right.

I'm glad you're home, and that the docs fixed ya up right this time. Get well soon!

JOHN!!!!! thats how this all got started, on the Atkins diet, gall bladder crapped out, got infected during the operation, caused hernias, the hernia came back and bound the bowel and all that good stuff. so exercise sucks too.

uNKLESCOTT SAID
    I had major colon surgery (had a section removed) in January and got cut open the exact same way so I can relate. It's a real b**ch to cough, isn't it? Good luck Joe!
    I had that done two years ago, so I knew the pain that was coming. after I went through the torture of having the cavety drain tube yanked out by the doc, after it got stuck to me, the doc said "aren't you glad you only have one colon?" I smile and said, "now I have a semi-colon". he thought it was a great play on words

nlmcp

the pillow thing works and it blocks the puppies from jumping on my belly when they wake up and are happy to see me. big OUCH!!!!!!
    Last edited by joeguy; 09-11-2003 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    after I went through the torture of having the cavety drain tube yanked out by the doc, after it got stuck to me, the doc said "aren't ou glad you only have one colon?" I snmile and said, "now I have a semi-colon". he thought it was a great play on words
    Ahh, the old jerk the drain tube out trick. That was an *enjoyable* experience NOT! I had the great pleasure of a catheter for about 3 weeks also and that was fun making its exit!
    Hang in there, at least you know what you're up against as far as recovery, etc.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Ahh, the old jerk the drain tube out trick. That was an *enjoyable* experience NOT! I had the great pleasure of a catheter for about 3 weeks also and that was fun making its exit!
    Hang in there, at least you know what you're up against as far as recovery, etc.

yeah! but look at the money you saved, some guys pay $50 for that type of pain down there...

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    yeah! but look at the money you saved, some guys pay $50 for that type of pain down there...
    So you know my ex-wife. eh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast