+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you get someone who appears not to like you, interested?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Well said, Shazzer, nlmcp, AmandaG and eldee.

I agree that if they are really not interested, don't force them to like you back.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Lil Cutie, he's not worth it. Continue to be his friend, but don't put your life on hold hoping he'll one day return your feelings.

Remember the old saying - Don't waste tears on someone who would not waste tears on you.

I'm not saying it's easy, but you could be missing out on a great guy while you're pining for this one. Just because you don't know who mystery guy is doesn't mean you won't feel every bit as strongly for him as you do for this guy.

Hang tough, kiddo. You'll get through it.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Ladies in the FoRt have superb advice. Wow. I enjoy reading them.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Is it just a shyness thing, though? If that's it, may I suggest that you find a way to fight through it? Speaking from experience, I know you'll regret not taking a simple action because you fear the outcome much more than you will regret being rejected. I was painfully shy as a kid, and it pissed me off now to think about it. What WAS I so afraid of? It really doesn't make sense now. Argh.

Best of luck, LC. I'm sure you don't need to worry. Someone's out there looking for you, too.
    Last edited by Paulie; 09-10-2003 at 05:29 PM.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I have some regrets on what I did not do. Also, sometimes after a bad relationship, you might close yourself off to a great opportunity too.

I was wondering if you know anything about his past relationships. Was he cheated on? Did he have a bad breakup? Did he remain friends with the girl afterwards.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Hey, I haven't been expecting anything my whole life and I've gotten diddly squat so far, so that's not always true.

Personally, I would love it if a girl told me she was interested in me. I think it even happened once.

And then I woke up and realized I was late for work. Again.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

FORT Fogey
    Thanks for the advice, ladies, and of course the guys!

But lemme clarify that I just met him and don't really know how he feels about me. How do you get a guy to warm up to you? This isn't even a question of him dating me, cuz that'd be complicated cuz he still likes a girl from back home and another girl I know likes him too. But, how do you get comfortable with a guy when you like him? I keep doing the "open mouth, insert foot" comments!

Ah, well if you're trying to get to know someone that's entirely different.

Actually, the foot in mouth disease can be an ice breaker.

Just be yourself and remind yourself he's just a guy. It's easy to get caught up in someone and think that they are 'too good' for you. You're a smart, friendly, likeable girl... he's bound to at least see all of that.

as I said before, find out something that you two have in common, and just relax and be yourself.
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I'm still working out on what we have in common. I was pretty excited that he was going to join the bowling team and so was I but it conflicted with his water skiing team practices. So meh, he decided not to join. LOL, smart? I sure don't sound smart around him. I have a hard time with meeting new people, I never really know what to say.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast