+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Useless trivia

FORT Fogey
    The electric chair was invented by a dentist

FORT Fogey
    TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters on one row of a keyboard

agentcarver
    That's the QWERTY, not the "International" one, right?

FORT Fogey
    A snail can sleep for 3 years
    All polar bears are left handed
    An ostrichs' eye is bigger than its brain

agentcarver
    Originally posted by Paulie
    He's a real playa, though. And, speaking of useless pig sex trivia, I do believe pigs generate the most sperm per ejaculation of any animal. That might be tied to the 30-minute orgasm, actually. Never thought of that before...
    Paulie, hon... The one thing I retained from grade 9 Bio class is that the animals that ejaculate the most sperm are external fertilizers (Animals that don't, for lack of a better term, "Connect" during intercourse) Animals like Frogs, Fish, and Sea Anonemes. (Anenome? Anonme? Whatever)

I DO know, though, that frogs hold each other by the toes during intercourse ;-)

My recollection is based on the "naughty" section of The Book of Lists. I remember several of us horndog junior high guys reading up on all the sex-related trivia (that's where I learned about Napoleon's horrible curse). That was many years ago, though. I could be wrong.

Until someone proves me wrong, though, I'm stickin' to my guns. Go, pigs!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

FORT Fogey
    I hear ya,,you realize of course I live in the only state where you can call a woman a Hog and shes proud

agentcarver
    Very well-I'll contact a Sci teacher tomorrow, then ;-)

I LOVED the book of lists, BTW, but the yearbook team "Borrowed" my copy and I never saw it again... What was Napoleon? Afraid of cats and like 2.5? (Paulie knows what I'm talking about)

You're right on the money if you're talking about centimeters, Agent. No wonder he felt the need to kick everyone's ass.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

This thread has had me purusing the web for more tidbits:

-- The oldest business in the United States of America is the cymbal company Zildjian which was founded in Constantinople in 1623.

-- A South Korean movie theater owner decided that the movie The Sound of Music was too long. His solution? He shortened the movie by cutting out all of the musical scenes!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread