+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What were you in high school?

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    :I'd just have to add memorizing the entire Budweiser label to the 'beer skills' I still remember it I think. "This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of...... "
    This is too hilarious. The week before i went off to college, my brother (who is 4 years older) and i went to the beach, drank a half rack of Bud, and he made me memorize the label. To this day i can still recite that wonderful ode to the "exclusive Beechwood Aging “ that “produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price”
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    In all seriousness, I think it would've been fun to know what we know now and all known each other then.

What I'm really saying was I wish I hadn't been so shy in high school. I could've had much more fun and maybe I'd have allowed myself to find a bunch of people like you guys.

Hmm...drifting dangerously close to being dramatically philosophical. Better sign off before I embarrass myself.

That's very well-said Paulie. I've actually wondered sometimes what I would have been like *then* with the knowledge I have now. As much as I proclaimed my uncaring attitude, I actually cared very much about what people thought of me. I wish I would have just relaxed, had fun, gotten to know more of the other 'geeks' better, and not worried about whether people thought I was cool or not.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    This is too hilarious. The week before i went off to college, my brother (who is 4 years older) and i went to the beach, drank a half rack of Bud, and he made me memorize the label. To this day i can still recite that wonderful ode to the "exclusive Beechwood Aging “ that “produces a taste, a smoothness, and a drinkability you will find in no other beer at any price”

We're in an exclusive club . I did it on a bet one time during my freshman year. Took me a 12 pack to do. One interesting note that proves that I either have too much time on my hands or that I drink too much or both. - Sometime during the mid - late 90s they changed part of the bottom part of the label to read .... "by our all natural process..." from just "...our original process"
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    In all seriousness, I think it would've been fun to know what we know now
    I definately would have had a lot more fun back in highschool if I knew then what I know now. I certainly would have been A LOT less shy, taken more chances, and worried a lot less about what people thought of me. But what happened back then made me into who I am now. I like who I am now. So although changing who i was back then might have made that short period in my life better, i doubt it would have made my life in general better.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Hey, excellent point! I've had a similar philosophy in life. If you're happy with things now, don't wish things had changed. Even small changes in your life could've had big impacts to your future.

Now that whole theory breaks down if you're not pleased with your current situation...
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I was the exact same person in high school that I am now. I was fairly popular, but not nearly as popular as I could have been. I wasn't much of a joiner. I did cheerleading for exactly one year, until I realized that I felt like an idiot. Not only because I find cheerleading to be rather silly, and not only because I don't exactly have the right personality for it. Moreso because I went to a "smart" highschool, and our freaking team name was "The Engineers". Yeah. We should have just bit the bullet and had our mascot be a guy with a short-sleeved white dress shirt and a bad tie. Bah.

Oh, and I wasn't a clean and sober virgin. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    our freaking team name was "The Engineers". Yeah. We should have just bit the bullet and had our mascot be a guy with a short-sleeved white dress shirt and a bad tie. Bah.

I. Am. Dying.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Amanda, You forgot to add the pocket protector.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

AmandaG just described one of my cousins, seriously!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

And lest any of you think I'm kidding, here's the proof:

http://www.hcths.com/oldindex.html

Check that guy out. I know engineers. I know a lot of engineers. None of them look like that.

Edited to add: I mean, come ON. The man is holding a freaking COMPASS. Wtf.

+ Reply to Thread