+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What were you in high school?

Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    completely. College taught me responsiblity, independence and how to fix my own mistakes. Plus how to flick a bottle cap 50 yards and how to drink a beer in about a second. Even though i don't use much of the classroom knowledge i learned in college (I'm a computer programmer, but i didn't take a single computer class back then), i think i learned more at college than any other time in my life.
    exactly. I'd just have to add memorizing the entire Budweiser label to the 'beer skills' I still remember it I think. "This is the famous Budweiser beer. We know of...... "

ETA- to the serious stuff too. Especially the last sentence.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by spegs
    High school wasn't too bad for me, but college was a thousand times more fun, and I highly recommend it to anyone who isn't sure if that's what they want to do.

By the way, Paulie, Class of '92 so rulz over class of '88.
    College was definitely way more fun and enlightening, even though I did have a good time in high school. And I have a Stanford key chain in my pocket that says "Class of '92" so I partially agree with you there, spegs.

Incidentally, all these "clean and sober virgins" are kind of turning me on. I wish we'd all found each other back then so we could hang out and have fun.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Incidentally, all these "clean and sober virgins" are kind of turning me on. I wish we'd all found each other back then so we could hang out and have fun.
    Huh? You wish you'd found us back when we were still "clean and sober virgins?" Trust me, hon, we're more fun to hang out with now.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

:rolleyes
    Everything turns Paulie on.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Huh? You wish you'd found us back when we were still "clean and sober virgins?" Trust me, hon, we're more fun to hang out with now.
    I don't think you got my point.

And, spegs, that comment you just made turns me on.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy

Men and virgins :rolleyes We'd have all been too shy to make the first move anyway. We probably would have ended up having a woodwind jam session or writing short stories
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Actually, that wouldn't have sucked, either, you know.

And, spegs, that comment you just made turns me on.

No surprise there.

I got the original point, though. And I so loved hanging out with my clean, sober, virginal friends--we had boatloads of fun. So much fun, in fact, that we kept the CSV party going on for quite a while past high school.

ETA: !!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

to SG.

Oh. Yeah. Guess part of my brain is still in clean and sober virgin mode. I'm on the bus now, though. Guess I get an F in Witty Repartee 101.
    Last edited by Lucy; 12-04-2003 at 01:22 PM.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

In all seriousness, I think it would've been fun to know what we know now and all known each other then.

What I'm really saying was I wish I hadn't been so shy in high school. I could've had much more fun and maybe I'd have allowed myself to find a bunch of people like you guys.

Hmm...drifting dangerously close to being dramatically philosophical. Better sign off before I embarrass myself.

+ Reply to Thread