+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: What were you in high school?

Birks31

Interesting question

I was sort of a non-conformist. I was an "A" student, but a lot of my teachers hated me because it wasn't very important to me. I was involved in fun activities like the co-ed car washes for charity, but I refused Honor society. I was an athlete, but not at my high school. High school was not really competitive enough in my sport, so I missed out on the letter jacket and opted for cold vacant ice rinks in the middle of the night.

I had my heart broken once and I broke someone else's too. But I never conned my way into a hook up with someone who was vulnerable. I was the proverbial "Good Boy" masquerading as a "Bad-Boy".

FORT Fogey
    4'10.. cheerleader, gymnast.. German club, civic clubs.. friendly,, but one of those girls people loved to hate till they got to know me.. average grades

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    4'10", Firegirl? What a little twinkie!

Sleeping with George W
    I was a pot-smoking hippie!

Birks31
    Originally posted by firegirl
    4'10.. cheerleader, gymnast.. German club, civic clubs.. friendly,, but one of those girls people loved to hate till they got to know me.. average grades
    Ah memories. I got my heart demolished by the cutest little 4'10" blonde named Heather. I still think of her evry now and again.

at 4'10" firegirl, I'm suprised at your description of the small end of average last night! LOL Where did that go by the way?

JR.
    I was nothing, really. I drank and smoked, but I never got into drugs though. I hung out with the Metalheads, and did just enough to pass every class and graduate on time. Didn't go to the prom, or any other dances. All of the teams were terrible, except for basketball and track (both of which I hate), so I didn't play anything. Pretty much, an uneventful 4 years of my life.

LG.
    * Valedictorian, like Paulie
    * Band Geek, like Wayner (trumpet, guitar, piano - marching band, jazz, pep band for all the sports teams, concert, etc.)
    * Clean and Sober virgin, like Jodaar
    * Writer for the paper and went to "art camp" on a writing scholarship (also went to band camp, and one time at band camp . . .)
    * Extemporaeous speaker for the Speech and debate team, went to state competitions every year, and did Impromptu speaking for the FBLA (future business leaders of america) and came "this close" to the national contest one year.
    * Academic decathalete and a Math-a-lete (yup, that's what they called the math team, and I wonder why weren't more popular )
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Queen of all boards
    Ahhhh, high School...I was the girl who got A's without trying(photographic memory), I did the fun extracurricular activies, like working the concession stand for the football games, raising money for prom, and decorating the gym for prom. I was part of the party crowd..you know the ones who were throwing keg parties every weekend..wherever we could get away with it..the lake, the rich kids house..wherever. I hung out with the Jocks and the cheerleaders, though I was neither. Oh...and I got suspended a couple of times for fighting.
    Life is a game, play hard.

Nice pic, Surfer!

And, just to stay on topic, more HS details about Paulie:

- Wrote short stories and poetry for the school literary magazine
    - Played clarinet in the band (translation: flirted with all the clarinet gals since I was the only guy that could play the thing worth a damn )
    - Track and cross-country, uh, participant
    - Started up a basketball IMs program so I could play as much as possible
    - Clean and sober virgin, too (first two by choice, third one by circumstance )
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Queen of all boards
    Thanks Paulie...Oh, my geeky thing was Choir..all four years.
    Life is a game, play hard.

+ Reply to Thread