+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516

Thread: What were you in high school?

Some asked about what kind of music we all listened to in high school? I was all over the page, but pretty eclectic for a 99.9% hispanic high school in a town of 30 thousand. New Order, Erasure, Depeche Mode, the Cure to Prince, Madonna and Inxs. (Duran Duran I outgrew in Jr high). I also had a serious metal phase. It's not pretty.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Serious metal phase, huh? Check out mine:

I actually PAID to see Iron Maiden TWICE in high school (and Def Leppard, and the Scorpions - you get the idea).

I had the white face makeup and black eyeliner, dark lipstick (no black lipstick available in the early '80's) look a good 15 years before anyone heard of "goth".

My mother refused to go into my room because my posters and album covers scared her.

My dad grounded me for wearing blue nail polish.

I wore jeans so tight I needed to use pliers to pull the zipper up. Both my parents found this funny.

I can't remember any more because I spent much of high school in a blue, smoky haze

And I occasionally regress - I bought a Marilyn Manson CD a couple of years ago
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    "secular evil Devil music"
    But you mean these acts like Pearl Jam are "devil worshipper music" ?
    Wow... Just take a look at Slipknot and Marilyn Manson now !!!
    Well, the administration thought that if it wasn't the Bill Gaither Trio gospel music, then it was evil and wrought of the Devil. This one guy a few years older than me had his own band, and on Senior Day Chapel (yes, we had regular chapel services every week) when he was a senior, they played "Jesus Loves Me" to the tune of Jimi Hendrix's "Purple Haze", and I really thought a few of the teachers were going to have a stroke.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by averagejane
    Serious metal phase, huh? Check out mine:

I actually PAID to see Iron Maiden TWICE in high school (and Def Leppard, and the Scorpions - you get the idea).

I had the white face makeup and black eyeliner, dark lipstick (no black lipstick available in the early '80's) look a good 15 years before anyone heard of "goth".

My mother refused to go into my room because my posters and album covers scared her.

My dad grounded me for wearing blue nail polish.

I wore jeans so tight I needed to use pliers to pull the zipper up. Both my parents found this funny.

I can't remember any more because I spent much of high school in a blue, smoky haze

And I occasionally regress - I bought a Marilyn Manson CD a couple of years ago
    Metal Edge was the best magazine, wasn't it
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    i moved around too much to really enjoy high school- but i was pretty nerdy- took all AP classes, graduated top 10% of my class. Very athletic in a jack of all trades master of None kind of way- (we could do multiple sports per season if they didnt conflict- hockey practice in the am, wrestling in the evening for example) so i lettered in 8 different sports in HS. my senior yr gf (and only HS gf) was also the homecoming queen- i have no idea how i managed that?
    If we would have had a Commodore 64 Club or an Atari 2600 club- i certainly would have been prez.
    and i did try once to fit in with the IN crowd and host a party while my parents were in Canada for a week- NOT good times (story for a different thread).
    pretty typical stuff i guess?

FORT Fogey
    Well, guess what? I can finally do a "looking back on high school" type of thread! Cuz I'm out of high school. Wow...

Here's me! I'm 5'7, 115lbs, so I'm your typical slim girl who the overweight girls are jealous of, but they all have bfs and I never did, so why bother being jealous? Anyway....
    I was in choir for all 4 years, the concert choir for the last three, it was awesome being with the cutest guys in school! Well, some of them, anyway.
    I did track my Freshman year, biggest mistake of my life! I did tennis and softball for the last 3. I wanted to play on the football team, but I'd get killed by the guys(notice my weight-I have a problem if I should ever get on Survivor, I'll look all anorexic like Heidi ) and I also wanted to be on the gymnastics team, too bad my school didn't have one!
    I was one of those students who was all over the board with classes. I got A's in English and GYM(yes I said gym, please make note of that, I LOVED gym so much that I voluntarily took it both semesters my Senior year. It actually saved my GPA sophomore year 1st semester from dropping below a 3.0 since with an A+ I had a 3.19.) I got B's-D's in science and the same with math. I got A's and B's in Spanish. I finished with a 3.38 GPA and ended up ranked 40th(I think?) out of 132, not too bad...I'm not one of those people who takes honors or AP classes, those classes and me are like oil and water. Oh, and I got A's and B's in choir. I got B+'s in both of the business classes I took.
    Alright, what else to say about me? I wasn't popular at all, oh how I wanted to be because they had so much more fun than me, and I was jealous of them when I'd listen in on their weekend plans. Of course, all the hotties were popular. It'd have been fun to be friends with them, at least. I guess I was what you could call a fringe popular person, because I wasn't uncool and I got along with mostly everyone, and I even had some popular friends.
    Ok, I guess I should say that I was one of those girls who went to all the football games, a few basketball games, even some wrestling matches, and just about all the home baseball games my Senior year. (Of course, that's mostly because of the guys I liked, but oh well. If it weren't for the cute guys, high school sports wouldn't be as much fun.)

There you go, you got a really in depth look at me in high school. Man, I like to talk a lot! Well, it was also very recent for me, so I have a lot to say.

+ Reply to Thread