+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What were you in high school?

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    You weren't kidding about the Britney look!
    I kid you not!

The best way to describe me in high school would be as an athletic nerd. The two usually don't mix, but being the obsessive perfectionist I am, I was fortunately able to achieve success in both sports and academics. Now I'm in college and I'm just a nerd.
    Last edited by Dirty Harry; 12-05-2003 at 01:57 AM.

Leo
    Premium Member
    High school is still a bit too recent for me to look back at it properly. (Almost three years, to be exact.) Even I'm not too sure what I was back then, either. Maybe a bit of everything, except sports. I don't know.

Oh, and Amanda said something about smart high schools: I know exactly how one of those feels like. Mine was one. I had to take two rounds of entrance exams to get in. Needless to say, all that stress accumulated from four years of a high-stress environment didn't make me too much of a happy camper. I didn't like my high school days at all. (Not liking my current college stay, either, but that's another story.)

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    Not to worry.

Speaking of hs fashion, I wore a Catholic School Girl uniform so it was hard to rebel fashion-wise. I remember my friends and I wore thigh-highs and maryjanes if we were meeting boys after school, though.

Pictures! Pleeeease!!!!
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    Pictures! Pleeeease!!!!
    Yes, for the love of all that which doth not suck...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Back to the topic: I'm curious as to what kind of music people you all were in high school. Any heavy metal peeps out there? Country music people? My high school was heavily divided on music lines for some reason. The people who wore black concert t-shirts with coiling snakes and nekked ladies never hung out with the fringe wearin' two-steppers.
    My HS had "Guidos" (I don't know if I've ever seen that word in writing - it looks weird, anyway pronounced 'gweedo'). Think Anthony and Adrianna from the Sopranos and you'll get the picture. This accounted for at least 50 -60% of the school. They were into disco/club music and drove IROCs, Monte Carlos, or Cutlass Supremes with tinted windows. The other major music related group were the Rocker types which pretty much matched the description above. Not too many country music fans being New York.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    My HS had "Guidos" (I don't know if I've ever seen that word in writing - it looks weird, anyway pronounced 'gweedo'). Think Anthony and Adrianna from the Sopranos and you'll get the picture. This accounted for at least 50 -60% of the school. They were into disco/club music and drove IROCs, Monte Carlos, or Cutlass Supremes with tinted windows. The other major music related group were the Rocker types which pretty much matched the description above. Not too many country music fans being New York.

Funny - my high school in the 70's could have been described in exactly the same. Even then. The more things change, the more they stay the same, huh. Well, except for that whole "Pinto" debacle....

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Well, my school was a small private Christian school and was overwhelmingly white middle-class kids. I think we had maybe 3 blacks, 1 Asian girl, and 2 Mexicans that were there while I was in school. Everyone else was as white as can be. Of course, we had a dress code, so everyone wore the same clothes, so we all looked like a bunch of preppy pretty boys (and girls).

As far as music goes, we (me and the few guys I sorta hung out with) listened to "secular evil Devil music", as the teachers called it. You know... the usual devil worshipper music... Pearl Jam, Metallica, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains (this was the early 90's when grunge was huge and alternative music really WAS alternative)...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well, my school was a small private Christian school and was overwhelmingly white middle-class kids. I think we had maybe 3 blacks, 1 Asian girl, and 2 Mexicans that were there while I was in school. Everyone else was as white as can be. Of course, we had a dress code, so everyone wore the same clothes, so we all looked like a bunch of preppy pretty boys (and girls).

As far as music goes, we (me and the few guys I sorta hung out with) listened to "secular evil Devil music", as the teachers called it. You know... the usual devil worshipper music... Pearl Jam, Metallica, Soundgarden, Nirvana, Alice in Chains (this was the early 90's when grunge was huge and alternative music really WAS alternative)...
    "secular evil Devil music"
    But you mean these acts like Pearl Jam are "devil worshipper music" ?
    Wow... Just take a look at Slipknot and Marilyn Manson now !!!

I was many things in highschool-

nerd
    rebel
    gang tutor (there were many gangs, and the honor society fools, which I was VP of, refused to tutor them when they asked for it. so I quit honor society, the first ever in the schools history, and tutored the gans, and was the only one to NEVER get harassed by the gangs, who also wouldn't let me try any drugs, cigs etc. when I went into the experimental phase because they said 'i had a future.' Kind of sweet. They also beat up my brother on occassion)

mediator and ambassador(ethnicity was 'nother big rift, I joined a couple cultural groups, and we worked on having seminars and conferences to understand where the hatred came from)

and part "Parker Lewis can't lose", as I had full access to schools computers, changed peoples genders or grades when they annoyed me, had the bus driver always stop right at my house, was the only student with three books of signed hall passes (given to me by my teachers) so that my friends and I could skip a class or two to go to mcdonalds, hairdressers, etc. Had snowball fights inschool for which others would get the blame, etc. It was fun.

+ Reply to Thread