+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What were you in high school?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    My "what were you in college" list would be totally different from my high school one.
    oh yeah, me too. I just sort of attended high school but I loved college.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaG
    And lest any of you think I'm kidding, here's the proof:

http://www.hcths.com/oldindex.html

Check that guy out. I know engineers. I know a lot of engineers. None of them look like that.

Edited to add: I mean, come ON. The man is holding a freaking COMPASS. Wtf.
    I dated a guy in college who looked like that....

my old boyfriend's high school in Midland MI, (Dow High) mascot was the Chemists. So who would be tougher, an engineer or a chemist????
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I used to ask girls out, and when they said no (as they always did), I would always say with a straight face "Oh, that's alright. I was just kidding anyway," and then laugh maniacally. Some of them actually thought I was joking, too...

Later when I got home I would cry about it...

YA, that just breaks my heart, esp since I was one of those girls. I'm so sorry. Maybe another reason I don't go to my reunions. Sorry you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    If you are female, I don't think that is possible Actually I can't imagine Paulie hating anyone.
    on both counts.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Well Mr. Peabody, as we enter the wayback machine to check out Unklescott's high school days we find ourselves going all the way back to 1968!
    I was the nerd of the cool kids if that makes sense. Didn't play sports, but hung out with that crowd. My best friend was the captain of the football/baseball team. We were friends since 4th grade as were most of us that were in the "gang". We did have to move from a jr. high school after 9th grade to attend Sr. High which was 10th - 12th where we merged with 3 other jr. highs. So there was about 4 of each group that then became one - sort of. I pretty much came out of my shell after high school when I got out in the working world. Used to be a quiet bashful type guy but then one day it was like WTH, become a new person.
    Fashion wise, what a difference. Girls were not allowed to wear pants to school, only dresses or skirts. I got sent home one day because my hair was touching my ears. When the mini skirt craze started, they used to make the girls get on their knees and if the hem of their skirt didn't touch the floor, they had to go home and change. Yep, the good old days.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Well Mr. Peabody, as we enter the wayback machine to check out Unklescott's high school days we find ourselves going all the way back to 1968! Fashion wise, what a difference. Girls were not allowed to wear pants to school, only dresses or skirts. I got sent home one day because my hair was touching my ears. When the mini skirt craze started, they used to make the girls get on their knees and if the hem of their skirt didn't touch the floor, they had to go home and change. Yep, the good old days.

Well, Unk, we are obviously from the same "old school". Just a few fashion felonies:
    Boys: had to wear pants, no jeans; shirt must have a collar, and be tucked into their toughskins at all times. And hair must not reach the collar of that collared shirt.

Girls: Always wear dresses. No exceptions. We weren't supposed to wear mini-skirts, but being the rebel, I did. We had didn't have to kneel on the floor to measure skirt length, but standing straight, arms down, our skirts had to be below our fingertips. Always knee socks and oxford shoes. And I got sent home once to change too - I wore pants. It was like thirty below and I wanted no part of standing in the freezing wind with bare legs in a short skirt.

Good old days indeed. But at the same time, we were respectful of our teachers. Maybe someone should re-think that. I'm against uniforms with every fiber of my being, I believe kids should be able to express themselves, but if their coochie (can I say that?) shows, well, that's too much expression.

Okay, I'm done. Sorry for the iterpretation.

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger

Good old days indeed. But at the same time, we were respectful of our teachers. Maybe someone should re-think that. I'm against uniforms with every fiber of my being, I believe kids should be able to express themselves, but if their coochie (can I say that?) shows, well, that's too much expression.
    AMEN

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Coochie? . JD, you kill me...
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

I got thrown out of school in the late 80's for the "skirts not as long as your arm flush against your body" dictum as well...prudes!
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    What about high bangs? I had to flatten my bangs once in Junior high

+ Reply to Thread