+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: What were you in high school?

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I used to ask girls out, and when they said no (as they always did), I would always say with a straight face "Oh, that's alright. I was just kidding anyway," and then laugh maniacally. Some of them actually thought I was joking, too...

Later when I got home I would cry about it...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Lucy!
    FORT high would have rocked. (especially if it were this much fun. )
    Most definitely. I would have enjoyed hanging with you from the sounds of it Shazzer. There are several people on here that I consider kindred spirits. We'd have had a good time together.

That being said, I agree with MHayes as well. I think I learned a lot from my not-so-pleasant high school experience. I gained a great deal of personal strength from those years.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

My mother says what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, and my high school years were proof of that. So I wouldn't change my high school experience, even though I could do a much better job of it now, since it made me what I am. Whatever that is. Actually, my senior year was fun; it was the years before that were a bit traumatic.

People at my school used to "go together" too! At least, they did in middle school. No one ever asked me to "go" with them, though....stupid gits. In fact, I went stag to my senior prom with my best friend (also a girl). We put on our dresses, got a pizza and took it to the park for a picnic, then went to the prom. We had a blast because we could dance with everybody without worrying about a jealous, or clod-footed, date.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Most definitely. I would have enjoyed hanging with you from the sounds of it Shazzer. There are several people on here that I consider kindred spirits. We'd have had a good time together.

That being said, I agree with MHayes as well. I think I learned a lot from my not-so-pleasant high school experience. I gained a great deal of personal strength from those years.
    Awwww....I always knew you were my S-twin, Stargazer. Although I have to tell you that I'm sooo not as good as you at posting. Not only do you have speed, but you have insight, humor, and smarts to boot! You rock the casbah! (I'm addicted to that saying, and have said it post after post. Um...yeah...I'm repetitive. )

Back to the topic: I'm curious as to what kind of music people you all were in high school. Any heavy metal peeps out there? Country music people? My high school was heavily divided on music lines for some reason. The people who wore black concert t-shirts with coiling snakes and nekked ladies never hung out with the fringe wearin' two-steppers.

And I'll ditto MHayes as well. Although I had a much more pleasant time in high school than I did in junior high (developed too early, had a lot of butt grabbin' bra strap snappers after me). But if I hadn't had the sometimes painful experiences of yesteryear, I don't think I'd be who I am today.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

High school music. What a great topic. This would make a great thread over in the Music section. I listened to a lot of different types of music. I listened to just about everything. My favorites were The Police (I remember marking days off my calendar in the summer of 83 until the release of Synchronicity), U2 (this was pre-Joshua Tree days. I wore out War and Unforgettable Fire), and Journey (Escape). I also had my Black Flag, Clash, Sex Pistols days and my Van Halen (Not Van Hagar), Rush, Judas Priest, Scorpion days.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

Okay, now you all will really laugh at me. My junior year, I got tired of the good girl image that I had going on. So, I went with an early goth look (along with a friend) for awhile. I wore all black (mostly Sound Garden and Rush T-shirts) and a big black cross necklace. I must not have had enough angst, however, because I only stuck with it for about 5 months before I got bored with the all-black look. Then I was back to geek girl.

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    Okay, now you all will really laugh at me. My junior year, I got tired of the good girl image that I had going on. So, I went with an early goth look (along with a friend) for awhile. I wore all black (mostly Sound Garden and Rush T-shirts) and a big black cross necklace. I must not have had enough angst, however, because I only stuck with it for about 5 months before I got bored with the all-black look. Then I was back to geek girl.
    My mother used to get so mad at me if I wore a lot of black! But I didn't do it as a goth thing, I was more going for a tortured-poet look. Besides, I was inconsistent about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    My mother used to get so mad at me if I wore a lot of black! But I didn't do it as a goth thing, I was more going for a tortured-poet look. Besides, I was inconsistent about it.

Mom and Dad were pretty cool about it. They would just give each other a look, roll their eyes and not say a word. I know now that they were thinking, "Man is she going to feel stupid in a few years."

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Since ya'll bounced to the subject of clothes in HS, I am embarassed to say I actually saved up enough money to buy parachute pants when I was a freshman. Did anybody else have these horrible things?

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Since ya'll bounced to the subject of clothes in HS, I am embarassed to say I actually saved up enough money to buy parachute pants when I was a freshman. Did anybody else have these horrible things?
    Um, my only pair of parachute pants were used as my snow pants -- hey, they were slick! Snow slid off them!
    Looking back I don't think parachute pants were nearly as egregious a fashion violation as acid-washed jeans.

+ Reply to Thread