+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bose Radio

Bose Radio

Well, our rack stereo system that we bought 12 years ago when we first got married finally bit the dust yesterday. The LED displays haven't worked in a couple of years, but the 5-disc changer still played, so no biggie. But yesterday, the amp went on it. So, it's useless now.

We're thinking of getting a Bose CD Wave Radio. Anyone have one? They're expensive as all hell, but supposedly worth it. I wanna hear from people who have them first, though.

I am in NO WAY an expert, but my parents and my inlaws both have some sort of Bose system--I'm not sure what--but they sound great. I have a Bose system in my car, and it's phenomenal, IMO. (granted, I don't hang around in parking lots comparing car stereos--do people do that in places other than Lancaster? I don't get it. Mostly, I'm happy if all of the speakers make some sort of sound. I didn't shop around for my car stero--it just came with the car. A nice little bonus! Also, I turn the bass way down. I guess I'm prematurely OLD. ) Good Luck!

John, the Bose wave is the way to go ,I vought a portable one 5 years ago and a wave last year and for the size, you can not beat the sound. A sound investment.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    My dad has one and the thing kicks.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

My husband and I have Bose surround speakers for our entertainment system in our living room. We got them at Sam's Club, but you can buy them online. They weren't as expensive as I expected, and the sound is incredible. The set we bought came with five satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The speakers are about a 3 to four inches wide and 6 inches deep, and you hardly notice them around the room. The subwoofer is larger, but the bass is incredible. It didn't some with a receiver, so that added to the cost a bit. It was worth it. I haven't heard any better speakers anywhere. I don't think we will be buying anything but Bose from now on.

I checked out the Bose WaveRadio/CD this morning, it's $499 from just about everywhere.

I also checked into the Bose 3-2-1 system, which has the separate speakers for more surround sound type of listening.

Unfortunately, our living room isn't really designed for a good surround sound setup. The fireplace is where I would have put the big-screen TV, so everything is off to the right.

John, my mom and dad have the smaller of the two radios, and I'll be honest, I wasn't blown away by it.

If you're really looking into a surround sound kind of thing, I wouldn't go with this. If you are looking for a stereo that will play music really well while you're hanging out with friends, then this is a good buy.

JMHO, of course.
    Who shot who in the what now?

We're basically looking for a decent stereo to play CD's, that doesn't take up a lot of space but has good sound.

I'm not sure the $500 is THAT much better than the $150 boombox I can buy at Wal-Mart, though.

Yea, I'm not sure I ever felt it was $350 better sounding than a Wal-Mart boombox. Maybe $100, but not $350. But the smallness is a great benefit though, I must say.
    Who shot who in the what now?

I have the Bose CD Wave Radio, and I have to say the sound quality is amazing for that little tiny thing. It is well worth the high pricetag.

Don't bother looking around much either, as my company sells Bose, and I can tell you first hand that they do not discount, nor do they have sales. If you find it for less that $495, that retailer will not have their product for long before the lawyers show up.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast