+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bose Radio

Bill, I noticed that. I went to froogle.com and punched it in, and couldn't find anything cheaper than $489, and almost everywhere was $499.

But really, for the casual CD playing listener, is it 3.5 times better than a $150 boombox?

Any difference in guarantee? Would Bose likely last longer and have better service if it happens to break?

My brother has had his Bose system for 6 years now without problems. He would not change it for anything less, so I guess it speaks for being worth the money he invested in it.

First we had the Bose wave radio for our alarm clock. Then my husband had to have the Bose surround sound for the TV. Now we also have the Bose CD wave radio in the kitchen for our weekend NPR fix.

My husband is an electrical engineer, and he hears everything. We can be in bed with the humidifier running, upstairs, and he will sit straight up suddenly and say "did you hear that?!" and I'll be like "what, was my stomach growling?" and he'll come out with "No, I mean when the dishwasher changed cycles right now, it didn't sound quite right, the [insert technical term] is worn out, I'm gonna have to replace that tomorrow."

So, he, on the technical side of things with perfect hearing, definitely notices a difference and is willing to pay for it. Me, I usually can't tell the difference between a good car stereo and a bad one, and I don't think my hearing is great. But even I can hear the difference between a $100 boom box and the Bose.

JR.
    John if you're really really particular about the sound, go for the Bose. They make great stuff.

But, both Panasonic and JVC make excellent shelf systems for about half the price. The difference is tiny.

I keep hearing ads for Bose on those XM channels that have ads, and they're touting the fact that you can easily hook up an XM Sky-fi receiver to it. Personally, it wasn't difficult to hook it up to my JVC surround sound. We went for the JVC based on price. We're not super audiophiles.
    One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity

CurvesForum

Princess
    Bang&Olufsen is the way to go, as I've heard. And they look really cool too .

Well, I went to Circuit City today, all set to buy a Bose. But they didn't carry them. And since we didn't want to drive an hour to get to the nearest place that did (each way), we checked out some decent replacements. We settled on an Onkyo system that's got super-good sound, and a 3-disc changer. I hooked it up over lunch, and it sounds great.

$350 + tax.

Does the Bose system you were looking at have a multi CD changer with it?? Is it an option??

I thought all of those were single CD trays
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

No, the Bose is all single-CD. So the Onkyo with 3-disc changer is right up our alley.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Onkyo is some good stuff too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast