+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What's the longest you've gone without TV?

I can't remember the longest I went without TV, not too long that's for sure. Mind you, today I'd be able to do it thanks to the internet. It was probably during the ice storm years ago when I had no power for 10 days.

When I moved into my very first apartment, I didn't have a TV for a couple of months. This was during my brief(ish) party girl era, so I'd imagine I was too busy downing pints and chasing down tequilas to bother watching TV. When I did stay in, I sort of enjoyed reading and listening to music instead of watching TV. It relaxed me. Nowadays, when I'm all settled and dependent on my daily fix of pop culture to continue breathing, I doubt I'd last two days without TV. Of course, I'm writing this from Spain, where I haven't watched anything at all. I've been too busy watching the X-Files DVD (Season 8) I got for Christmas
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I went from 1975-1986 (11 years!) without a tv. I was going through my hippie phase scorning societal flaws, vegetarian, eating with chopsticks (forget the reasoning for that), not shaving, etc. I swore that my children would never watch tv or eat at McDonalds. Ha! I married a meat-eater with a tv and that was that. I got by those 11 years just fine, doing art, listening to the radio, and doing cultural things like attending plays, concerts, old movies, etc. I was also active in the theater, so rehearsals and all. Now we watch a LOT of tv... sometimes I toy with the thought of getting rid of it when the kids are gone. It really eats up a lot of time.
    Count your blessings!

A few years (I was on the computer all day!)
    Check out my avatar It's Chad Michael Murray!

Like a few other people here, I went without TV for a few years in my early 20's. I was too busy with other stuff to even feel the need. But, besides that, I guess the longest I've gone was 2 weeks when I went to Alaska year before last. I was up there 17 days and only watched any tv the first and last nights; the rest of the time I would be so worn out at the end of the day from playing I only wanted to sleep. A couple of the places I stayed didn't have TV anyway!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Dear God, you mean people actually go without watching tv?
    Go Tigers!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567