+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What's the longest you've gone without TV?

FORT Fogey
    Talk about football... The Jets lost. *cries*

-Rach

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    I want to cut back on my tv time and begin reading actual books again. I can go without tv some days while on vacation, or for a day or so every once in a while, but I admire those who can go completely without tv.

My best friend is like that. He generally only watches a program or two throughout the week plus some of the daily news. Maybe that's why he was able to focus so much energy toward attaining his Pharmacy Doctorate degree while working full time at a hospital. I have a Master's Degree in education, but I got it directly after earning my B. A. degree, and now I devote most of my free evenings watching TV and playing here at the FORT. The weird thing is...my current job involves using videoconferencing equipment all day, so you'd think I would be tired of looking at video monitors and computer screens by the end of the day.

I'll probably have to bite the bullet and leave the TV unplugged except for watching special programs only. Like someone else said, I also find that reading many of the FORT recaps is better than watching the actual shows...

Now if I could just get off this computer and find my book... :cool:
    Last edited by mstvfan; 09-07-2003 at 12:58 AM.

FORT Fogey
    hm.... well I've probably gone few weeks without TV while on vacation, but normally I can go about 2-3 days with out it. Its usually that I am just too busy - school 8 to 3, field hockey 3-5, soccer 5-7, homework 7-9, dinner, sleeep!!! So I can go without TV, but I hate it

I wish I had a Tivo so bad! My parents are so cheap

I'm gonna have to claim the record here ... 12 years!

4 years of college, 1 of army training, 2 of living overseas, then 5 years of poverty/not wanting to raise my daughter with a tv as a babysitter.

Finally when she was 6 she and I pooled our money together (her birthday money and my savings) and bought a little 13 inch tv.

Now my house has a tv in the basement, one in her room, one in my room, one in the guest room, one in the kitchen, and a big screen in the living room, plus 3 vcr's. *ashamed*

I don't think I have gone without tv for more than 3 or 4 days when camping. I too have it running all day...heck, on the weekends it usually stays on the Game Show Network. I know, pretty sad.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I lived in Iran for 6 years growing up. I didn't watch TV because I couldn't understand it. Of course, once I learned enough Farsi, I started watching. My favorite show back then was "Balatar As Khatar" which translates to "Higher Than Danger." It was really just "Mission Impossible" translated into Farsi.

But I digress. It took me about two years to learn Farsi well enough to watch TV. So two years is the longest I've gone.

I'm confused... there are times when people don't watch tv??

I actually joke about the amount of TV I watch... but when I really think about it, I don't watch all that much. I'm just sort of passionate about the shows I DO watch

I can't think of a time in my life when I was without one though.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

129 days. I was underwater, and completely cut off from all news and contact with anyone besides those there with me.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

The longest I think I've been without T.V. was 9 days when I had no electricity for that long! There was a big ice storm quite a few years ago in Montreal and some people lost power for up to 2 weeks! It was crazy! NO t.v, radio, lights, oven or HEAT for that matter. It sucked!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    I was in the Gulf War- Desert Shield/Desert Storm in 90-91- so i went without TV for 10 months... my grampa sent me video tapes of football games that were the game of the week- but by then i already knew who had won...

also during the summers (May-Aug) 91-96 i was a camp counselor and would go without tv for pretty much the entire summer- except for our days off when we would do century club and watch sportscenter over and over again...

now i am lucky (unlucky) to go a day without tv...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast