+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bad Break Up Behavior

Birks31
    Originally posted by firegirl
    Yes he is an ass,, but I dont' consider it a 'gender' flaw.. just his character... I am a happy girl now though,,,, better not bitter,, wish I had known the shrimp thing though.. hmmm he did just buy a new hummer and elected to miss a child support payment.. hmmmmmmm isn't there a special at red lobster??
    Some of these stories just shock me. I know it happens but, Geez, what kind of a man would one have to be.

Whatever happened to duty, honor, responsibility?

A Hummer over child support? I would skip my men's league Hockey game & beat that guy just for fun.

The Hummer is one of the biggest pieces of sh1t ever built so he didn't even miss a payment for a decent vehicle - ass!!!

He better be paying you double next month then firegirl.
    It's his duty to help support his child, that should come first over some stupid square boxy looking vehicle, or anything else for that matter.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey
    Its yellow and looks like the short bus.. lol
    Oh and guess what ,, ?? He played pro hockey before he went to med school.. those hockey players!!!! :fight :fyou :fyou

But feel free to go stomp a big mud hole in the middle of him.. I think you will have to get in line though..

Add me to the list of "nice guys". If I had a nickel for every girl who wanted to "just be friends"... It's enough to give a guy a comlex. Ever watched Ed? Classic case of the good guy getting hosed.
    You know how it goes, you have many women who turn to you for support when the bad boy goes especially bad, and you talk and listen and support. Then, once they get feeling good about themselves again, *poof* their gone, and 9 times out of 10 they go back to the bad boy.
    Simple explanation for that. Girls are afraid of commitment. In dating the "bad boys", there's no chance the relationship will go anywhere. It's doomed to fail from the beginning. Dating bad boys is the safe way to go. It's predictable.
    Date the bad boys, marry the good guys.
    Nice idea. But if you wait too long, there aren't any good guys left. They all got married years ago & are faithful husbands & loving fathers. Trying to time the market is dangerous. Why can't girls just seek out a nice guy from the beginning? It makes us feel like crap that you have to settle for us.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Next time I will I promise! Kylie do it right the first time!

Originally posted by firegirl
    hmmm he did just buy a new hummer and elected to miss a child support payment..
    Wow...

It definately sounds like you and firebabe are better off without this fine example of humanitarianism in your everyday lives.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Speaking as a guy, I can tell you it's because you broke up with them, and they still secretly hope that there is a chance you'll get back together, and if they give up the "friend" thing, all hope is lost.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So is that why? That explains alot.

Anyway My senior year of high school started dating a college guy at a nearby college. We dated hot and heavy for several months and then he started limiting our time. Dumb me, had no clue. So I showed up to surprize him one night. Walked in on him and his other girlfriend. They weren't quite in the act but pretty close. I didn't hear from him for 9 months, then when I started college he showed up wanting us to get back together. I said no, and started some passive agressive stuff, like calling the radio station he worked at during his shift to request songs about longing for some woman you want to get back with, making comments at different times that were catty.
    The funny thing is he stayed a friend of mine for years, until I got married.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I've never really gone through the types of dramatic breakups I read of in this thread, however I have noticed something else in the past...

There was one time several years ago that my girlfriend and I sat down for one of those "we need to talk" things, and she proceeded to let me know that she didn't want to see me that way anymore, and I was a great guy, and we could be friends, etc. etc. etc...

Well fine, most of us have been on both sides of that conversation many times in our lives. But here is the rest of the story...

I really had arrived at the same conclusions that week myself, so she pretty much beat me to the punch. I didn't tell her any of that, I simply responded that it was fine, and i respect her opinion, hope she finds what she is looking for etc. etc. etc...

But I wasn't upset about it, in fact, I felt that kind of guilty relief you feel when a burden gets lifted off your shoulders, and someone else had to do it.

Problem was, she was now upset, that I was not upset. It seems that she wanted me to be heartbroken about it, because it was so special, etc. etc. etc.

I was somewhat floored. What should have been a easy, great agreed to breakup, turned into a "I never want to see you again" event...just because I wasn't sad enough to lose her....

Some people just HAVE to have drama in their lives.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

labtech
    I don't think I could be friends with someone that I had dated. I guess I am to much the jealous type and would be very hurt everytime I seen them with someone else.

Princess
    I was somewhat floored. What should have been a easy, great agreed to breakup, turned into a "I never want to see you again" event...just because I wasn't sad enough to lose her....
    Sounds extremely immature on her side - grow up, girl, the universe doesn't evolve around you! She had obviously played the entire scene in her mind already a 100 times... Very bad breakup behaviour!

+ Reply to Thread