+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bad Break Up Behavior

Originally posted by Modesty
    OK OK OK OK.... you're right, Bill, I'm wrong!
    Oh, I've always wanted a woman to say that to me!

Seriously though, it is not necessarily a right or wrong proposition, I was just commenting on how I had seen it play out many times.

I think it takes a very strong willed person, and some base compatibility to actually make it as friends long term. It certainly sounds like you have those desirable qualities. I congratulate you on that.

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Princess
    , Bill, did you read the post above yours - I think we are actually both "right". As for "strong willed"..... I'm just very stubborn...

As for "strong willed"..... I'm just very stubborn...
    strong willed and stubborn are both very good things in the Bill Book.

"George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Of course he's told you he doesn't want a relationship. If he told you differenty then he'd fall out of the "friend" category and all hope would be lost! You're speaking to a guy that all the girls in high school described as "the nicest guy" here. I know of which I speak.
    Wayner, you sound just like a good friend of mine. We were talking the other day about how he wishes in high school he was less of a nice guy. All his friends had girlfriends and were out getting laid all the time.. and he was the one they cried to about his friends.

He's happily married now, but I'll tell you what I told him. When we found out Rob got married and was having kids, every single girl who knew him from high school was disappointed. Everyone knew what a great husband and father would be.

I tend to give nice guys a shot now because I didn't a few years ago. And there are TONS of good looking nice guys out there. (Of course, now they're all married)
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Princess
    Back on topic again....
    Had to think a bit, but I can only think of one really bad thing I've done: when my bf called me from the airport right before a long trip and broke up with me over the phone, I told him that I hoped his plane would crash and then I hung up. That was pretty bad - but I was mighty pissed off....
    I've probably done some other "bad" things too, but at least none of them were deliberate (I hope.... : ).

Modesty, I don't think that was that bad. It would only be bad if his plane really did crash!

I finally thought of one for myself, I think I'd tried to supress the memory!: My 1st serious boyfriend broke up with me a week before sophmore prom, and gave my ticket to another girl! Worst part was, he said some VERY hurtful things about being "seen with me at such an important event." Totally out of character for him, there were some hard to explain circumstances, but he was still a total jerk-off about it. Lucky for me, my best guy friend was dateless, and happy to take me. Let's just say somehow during the evening, a little red punch ended up on a certain tuxedo and gown. *cough*

Sure, I felt bad about it afterwards, but it was pretty funny at the time. And it actually managed to look like an accident.

Am I evil?

Back on topic again....
    Had to think a bit, but I can only think of one really bad thing I've done: when my bf called me from the airport right before a long trip and broke up with me over the phone, I told him that I hoped his plane would crash and then I hung up. That was pretty bad - but I was mighty pissed off....
    I think everyone should get a free pass on the things they say during a phone call like that.

I agree. I had a boyfriend break up with me the night I came back from a week long business trip.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Princess
    Thanks soo much...
    And Kylie, I don't think you are evil , sounds like he deserved it (but maybe the girl didn't....?? )

Yes she did. She was a really close "friend" of mine when it happened. And they'd been cheating on me for a couple months. .....

+ Reply to Thread