+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Bad Break Up Behavior

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Bad breakup behavior? How long have you got for this one?

Let's just put it this way - if I hadn't stumbled onto you folks, my therapy bills would have me in the poorhouse.

Let's talk about yesterday - Ms. Toughie (yeah, me!) - turned into a big sniveling boob in spite of an already agreed-upon short-term "thing". Yeah, I knew the end was near. Yeah, it was discussed, decided upon and we agreed it would be fun. Completely different lives, even different states.

At my age, you'd think I could handle it. No. I am a complete wreck, can't leave the poor guy alone - fortunately for him I do have enough self control to blubber to him over the computer and not the telephone. I mean, no one deserves that crap.

Who knows - let's hope he doesn't get me for stalking and I have to earn internet priviledges in prison, between KP duties and peeling taters. That would really suck.

He won't see this, I'm sure, but in any event, I'm sorry I'm such a lunatic. Actually, I'm sorry to everyone here for that.

Whew. Glad I got that off my chest. Now where did I leave that e-mail address, I have more to say.....

I always sucked at breaking up with guys. Methods I used were:
    1. Ignore them till they went away -this worked but took too long and made them mad...understandably
    2. Try to be nice about it and remain friends- this NEVER worked. Ever. The guy would just stalk me (one badly, the others in an annoying way) until I finally had to be mean
    3. Be mean and tell them I never wanted to see them again-Sadly this is the only one that ever worked.

My husband sucked at it too. The worst ones with him are the girls that broke up with him, though. He never took it personally and tried to remain friends with them all to the point of still treating them like girlfriends. So, whenever they had a bad experience with one of their boyfriends, they would come back to cry on his shoulder. Which was okay by him cause he usually got some sex outta the deal. When I first met him, he had all these heinous, possessive ex-girlfriends hanging around all the time. Some of them were cool (one became my friend and was a bridesmaid in our wedding) but most were jealous of anyone new in his life. I quickly made it known that if he wanted to date me, some of them had to go. :nono Not the ones who wanted his friendship (a gal can tell), just the ones who wanted him as a backup boyfriend.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    Bad breakup behavior? How long have you got for this one?
    Poor JD. well you always have my shoulder to cry on. Or beat up, depending...
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    Poor JD. well you always have my shoulder to cry on. Or beat up, depending...
    You are so sweet to watch out for me!

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    I always sucked at breaking up with guys. Methods I used were:
    1. Ignore them till they went away -this worked but took too long and made them mad...understandably

That was so me before I settled down. I was way to chicken to actually tell someone I was breaking up with him--I just let him figure it out over time....and then there were the few times my next guy would have to clue him in I was so bad.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Quote Originally Posted by JDHeninger
    You are so sweet to watch out for me!
    what are friends for if not that?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    So, whenever they had a bad experience with one of their boyfriends, they would come back to cry on his shoulder. Which was okay by him cause he usually got some sex outta the deal
    see Paulie's discussion on this earlier, for the most part, correct. Quinn's theory was not to burn any bridges... those unburned bridges always seem to wander back every now and then...that's all i gotta say about that-

My best breakup- and i cant beleive i let this thread pass for so long-
    My girlfriend followed me to Florida and moved in with me (about 4 months after i made the big move from Chicago)... Well i kept catching her making middle of the night phone calls, so i naturally got suspicious... about a month after her arrival, she said she was going to visit some of her friends who were visitng from chicago... SO i did a little snooping, found out what hotel these "friends" were staying in, and i showed up and caught them- and i mean REALLY caught them... She came home about two hours later and i proceeded to aerodynamically test all of her belongings off our 3rd floor apt.
    Needless to say, i think that bridge is well burnt!

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    see Paulie's discussion on this earlier, for the most part, correct. Quinn's theory was not to burn any bridges... those unburned bridges always seem to wander back every now and then...that's all i gotta say about that-

My best breakup- and i cant beleive i let this thread pass for so long-
    My girlfriend followed me to Florida and moved in with me (about 4 months after i made the big move from Chicago)... Well i kept catching her making middle of the night phone calls, so i naturally got suspicious... about a month after her arrival, she said she was going to visit some of her friends who were visitng from chicago... SO i did a little snooping, found out what hotel these "friends" were staying in, and i showed up and caught them- and i mean REALLY caught them... She came home about two hours later and i proceeded to aerodynamically test all of her belongings off our 3rd floor apt.
    Needless to say, i think that bridge is well burnt!
    Quinn! Yikes!!! What an awful thing to have happened to you.... Thank goodness you have Mrs. Quinn and those cute tykes now..

Anyhow, this reminds me of a friend of mine whose main squeeze did something similar, i.e. supposedly going to a hotel to meet up with "friends from out of town", only those friends were actually just one male stripper :rolleyes and he caught them right in the middle of well..you know. His reaction was quite similar. All her stuff on the lawn the next day.
    "If you're like me, you have a 'been there, done that' attitude when it comes to paleolithic paleontology." - Jon Stewart

"I swear, you are the ho-ho ho." - OTS

Quote Originally Posted by Shazzer
    Quinn! Yikes!!! What an awful thing to have happened to you.... Thank goodness you have Mrs. Quinn and those cute tykes now..

Anyhow, this reminds me of a friend of mine whose main squeeze did something similar, i.e. supposedly going to a hotel to meet up with "friends from out of town", only those friends were actually just one male stripper :rolleyes and he caught them right in the middle of well..you know. His reaction was quite similar. All her stuff on the lawn the next day.
    Reminds me of a story an ex told me once (she was an ex at the time...) This guy she was dating seemed to always be a little predisposed... well one thing led to another, and she visited him at his house while he was gone. Lo and behold, there was a woman staying there, and to make sure there is no assumption, she asked, and yes, they had also had a relationship. Ultimately, the two of them found his black book and called a few numbers.... imagine coming home and finding 5 'current' girlfriends all in your house, comparing notes and asking you questions you don't want to answer.

I guess it didn't go well for him.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213