You Know You're From Ontario
For all my Canadian friends.. especially the Ontarians.
You know you're from Ontario when...
1. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to pass a tractor on
the highway. (we all know this one's true)
2. "Vacation" means going to Barrie for the weekend.
3. You measure distance in hours.
4. You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
5. You often have to switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day.
6. You use a down comforter in the summer.
7. Your grandparents drive at 65 mph through 13 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching.
8. You see people wearing hunting clothes at social events.
9. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
10. You think of the major food groups as deer meat, fish and berries.
11. You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them. (Guilty.. I've known how since I was 16)
12. There are 7 empty cars running in the parking lot at the Canadian Tire store at any given time.
13. You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
14. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
15. You think lingerie is tube socks and flannel pajamas.
16. You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter,
17. It takes 3 hours to go to the store for one item even when you're in a rush because you have to stop and talk to everyone in town.
18. You actually understand these jokes and forward them to all your friends from Ontario.