+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Know You're From Ontario

The Team Canada jersey is also acceptable, eny.

agentcarver
    Fluff: Ice Capps! WOOHOO!

:slobber Ice caps are yummy. When we leave town we stop at the Tim Hortons & I get an iced cap. Then when we stop in Fort Saskatchewan (Thats our only stop BTW, stupid fuel efficent Blazer can make it 400 km on one tank) I get another. Mmm.

Firegirl, this is another one I can relate to
    9. You know what "cow tipping" is.
    The hockey jersey is another one. I also loved how the CBC was showing that the streets all over Canada were dead. D-E-A-D during the gold medal game at the Olympics.

We take hockey very seriously. I feel at times often unCanadian as I don't drink beer.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I don't either yuck ! Although firegirls -coldbeer is one word- made me laugh

I grew up part time in the country with cows and I don't know what cow tipping is
    An southern drinking game?

an attire faux paux- of course the Team Canada Jersey! How ever the southern Us may be substituted with a Football jersey, that is until hockey takes over. We have now taken over North Carolina, and this year it seems to be Tampa Bay Heh heh ...world domination

eny
    FORT Fogey
    You know you spend too much time with your computer when

1. Your hubby buys you a diamond for your birthday, and you trade it for a Diamond Stealth Video Card.

2. You're in bed, making it, and it reminds you of how it must feel to be a floppy disk going into your new drive.

3. You know what PPP, SLIP, HTML & FTP mean...but damned if you can remember your sister-in-laws name.

4. You sit in front of the tv...trying to type at a keyboard.

5. You "right click"....on your hubbys(boyfriends) back when you want some.

6. The "cute name" for your hubbys member has changed to "Joystick"....and you hold it the same way.

7. You find out that Hemorrhoids aren't THAT painful, as long as you're on the 'Net.

8. When someone yells out "What's for supper?" you do a search for SUPPER.COM.

9. Whenever your husband mentions "protection", you remind yourself that you gotta get a keyboard protector.

10. You suspect there's a virus in your mashed potatoes.

11. You're starting to get turned on when you look at computer upgrades.

12. If you smoke away from the machine, you notice that the breaks are getting shorter and less frequent.

13. The optometrist looks deep in your eyes, and sees a screen saver.

14. You finally save up enough to visit the Grand Canyon, and you can't help but wonder how it would look on a 21" SVGA.

15. "Not tonight, I have a headache" has been replaced with "Not tonight, I finally got connected".

16. Your computer room has a better air conditioner than your bedroom.

17. You wonder if you can install your own fiber optics telephone line to your server.

18. You speak of "Your Server" with the same reverence you used to reserve for your Doctor?

19. You never met the guy, but you've already decided on a plan to assassinate Bill Gates.

20. You sit in front of the computer reading idiotic cyber stand up comedy like this.

FORT Fogey
    Geeze I hurt from reading this..
    Sooooooo true and hysterical...
    THANKS>>>>

FORT Fogey
    Actually, that Ontario list is very similar to "You know you're a Yooper lists." I'll have to find one. I'm from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and, while I no longer have it from living in Chicago too long, the accents are pretty similar to "Canadian" accents, at least according to people not from the area. Everyone says "Yah" and "Eh" and all "out" sounds are pronounced like "oat."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12