+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kinda freakin' out a little bit

Thanks for the personal experience, drfill. It's great to hear success stories like that. I'm sure I'll be happy, too. Just got to get past the actual event.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Bumping this back up, since today's the big day.

Go Paulie!

I had LASIK last spring. It was a breeze! Painless, quick, and the doc set me up in a swanky hotel room next to his office building so I wouldn't have to worry about driving back up the next morning (I live about 30 minutes away).

After surgery they walked me across the parking lot, gave me a sleeping pill (whee!) and tucked me in bed. They want you to sleep for the rest of the day so your eyes can recuperate without all that annoying blinking.

Before surgery my vision was 20/2000. Five minutes after it was 20/15. Pretty darned amazing. I think the most amazing thing is being able to wake up in the middle of the night and see what time it is.

I had no complications (although I know that some do). I do have to wear glasses at night for driving or watching TV if the lights are low, but I don't mind that. I got some of the new funky ones like Tina Fey wears on SNL. I call them my naughty librarian glasses.

Paulie will probably be sleeping till tonight or tomorrow so we may not hear from him. Hope everything is going well.

good to know that Molly, as now I won't worry if there is no word today!
    Glad to hear it worked well for you
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Woohoo! I dream of the day I can grow some ***** and have this done. My vision is not horrible, but I have astigmatism in both eyes and feel blind without my glasses. I just do not know if I could ever do it. I am so proud of you, you brave, brave man! Go Paulie!!!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Paulie, let us hear from you whenver you get a chance. I'm thinking about ya...BNIAPWOC...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I bet Paulie will not be able to be online at least today and probably tomorrow. I think they tell you to stay off the computer for at least a day. But I've never had this done so I'm not 100% sure about this. ; )

Paulie, we're thinking of you!!!!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I cheated. But don't tell anyone.

I'll be on more tomorrow.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Princess
    :nono Bad Paul!!! (Congrats anyway, and happy to hear that all went well! )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345