+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kinda freakin' out a little bit

Hope everything goes well for you Paulie.

I don;t have any friends who've had this done so I can't oofer any comfort on that score.
    You are fortunate to have a good doctor that you trust, which is a tremendous help.

Hope all goes well for you.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ditto
    Paulie..... don't sweat it sweetie..... you'll come thru with flying colors.

I know an eye doc who does this surgery day in day out and he is always telling me how many advances have been made and how easy it is. I am considering having it done myself.

And, btw..... if you can ever catch dr. fill in here..... or if you want to send him a PM... he's had it done and can talk about it with you.

All he remembers is the pretty nurse who held his hand, stroked his brow and spoke in soothing tones!

I worked a contract in a building whose first floor was a LASIK center (one of the highest-rated in Florida). They did at least 30 of them a day, every single day. And I never heard a bad word about them.

I only know one person personally who's had it done, but I hear great things, and I know you'll be just fine.

I was just reading in US News about a new quick, safe procedure for correcting farsightedness, too. If I ever need reading glasses, that's the one I'm going for.

Ditto
    (Originally posted by John)

If I ever need reading glasses, that's the one I'm going for.

LMAO.... sorry John.... this just struck me as funny since I was looking at your cross eyed cat as I was reading this!

agentcarver
    Paulie, if you're worried about something going horribly wrong, need I remind you that EVERY procedure, even things as simple as taking blood pressure can have devistating consequences, but they don't ever actually happen... Keep that in mind (Not the bad part, the part about it never actually happening)

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Paulie! I had no clue you were considering this - best of luck! I'd also forgotten about all the fun you had with that infection a few years back - man, the old memory isn't what it used to be!

Wait a minute - January 9th? Won't we be in the middle of a hoop season? Does this mean our fearless captain will be coaching from the sidelines for a few weeks? Does this mean the last season of you wearing those fabulous goggles on the court? How will me and the rest of the team recognize you? Oh, yes, those steely blue peepers!

Awesome Paulie, I'm thrilled for you! And if you have questions, one of the guys in my work team had LASIK last year and has beel thrilled with the results!

Good Luck Paulie! I, too, know of three co-workers who've had LASIK, and none of them have had any problems. Two of them had the procedure done about 10 years or so ago, and they still have 'eagle eye vison'.

Hopefully Paulie will read through this thread again today as so many people know others who've come through this surgery with flying colours and have been very pleased with the results.

Hope the responses in the thread will give you lots of encouragement Paulie.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Wayner, he shouldn't have to sit on the sidelines for a few weeks...After LASIK, you're pretty much normal after 24 hours.

From what I understand.

WOW, you guys! Thanks to all of you for your tremendous support. You don't know how much it means to me to have so many nice folks in my corner.

Hope the responses in the thread will give you lots of encouragement Paulie.
    It sure does, Fluff. Like I said earlier, I'm going to print this baby out!

Thanks again, all!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast