+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kinda freakin' out a little bit

in a few short weeks...Goodbye eye glass prints ont he nose...hellooooo BABY BLUES!!!
    I know! I am pretty excited about the good prospects. Thanks so much, Roshi!

I'll have to post a pic of the baby blues when it's done and the eyeglass prints have had time to fade away.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Princess
    Paulie - nice of you to share.... I can completely understand your worries as I hate to go to the doctor myself. I have several friends who have done laser surgery on their eyes, very successfully, and they are all crying when they tell about the positive impact it has had on their lives!! I'm still such a coward not to do it, but I hope I some day will find the courage... Best of luck - and I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience once it's over!! (My excuse not to do it is that I'm quite OK without.... - but man, wouldn't it be nice to always have 20/20!?!)

Thanks, Modesty!

Here's how I found the courage: have another successful surgery first.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Paulie,

I can relate. I did RK before Lasik was popular. Back in 93. At the time my insurance covered it, so I went for the brave surgery. Best thing I ever did in my life. Never worn glasses since and I can SEE U in all your glory.
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

Princess
    Here's how I found the courage: have another successful surgery first.
    Hey, thanks for the tip Paulie!.... now I just need to find something that I need surgery for!
    Seriously, though, I would think that nowadays this procedure is no big deal at all. 10-15 years ago (or whenever the accident in Russia was), I would definitely be very reluctant...

ah Papaupapaulipipipaulie
    It will be great
    I know surgery, no matter what it is, IS a big deal if you're the one having it. Keep us posted and be sure to really post that pic
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Paulie:

FWIW, I have two close friends that have had the LASIK procedure done, and they both highly recommend it (in fact, I'm thinking about having it done myself...). Of course, any surgery carries with it a bit of anxiety, but from what they've told me, it sounds like a fairly routine procedure these days, and like I said, they both have raved about the results.

Good luck with your procedure. Do keep us posted on when it is and how everything goes.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I would have thought with coming thru the other PRO cee DURE this year that you would definatley be more brave , as that one was ah delicate .....
    I had a friend who had it done to join the police force and she was the same , worn glasses since about grade 5. Hasn't worn them since and that was about 5 yrs ago when she had it done.

FORT Fogey
    Just think you'll be able to read the

EE E E

Originally posted by firegirl
    Just think you'll be able to read the

EE E E
    LMAO Firegirl
    You can pretend to be serious; you can't pretend to be witty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast