+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree678Likes

Thread: What simple things make you happy?

Re: What simple things make you happy?

Love scratch 'n dent stores. I got a tv half price because there was a finger sized dent in the top of it. The tv was black and you couldn't see it unless you looked for it.

MRD, way to go on the refund. Gotta love screw ups.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2930117;
    Love scratch 'n dent stores. I got a tv half price because there was a finger sized dent in the top of it. The tv was black and you couldn't see it unless you looked for it.

MRD, way to go on the refund. Gotta love screw ups.
    It was a PITA, but worth it in the long run. @#$#@$@# Walgreens and they weren't nice about it either. But I didnt' feel good and do NOT mess with me when I was feeling like I was earlier! Nor apparantly the doctor involved either.

My simple pleasure is that Waldo and I frolicked in the yard tonight. He runs up to me and I stamp my feet and he jumps up and runs away and then back and prances around. We did this for about 10 min. until he was pooped. All I had to do was stamp my feet. I wasn't the one running around the yard at full steam. (thank god)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My simple pleasure today is lounging in bed on the computer while mr buglover changes the oil in the cars and he's going to detail my car too!! It makes him so happy to accomplish tasks like that so it's a double happiness for us!

And my son is actually doing his homework right now before he and I sit down to watch a movie together!
    Yup, with donuts!!

The kids and I watched about a half dozen PPV movies this week while they were on spring break. The cable bill is going to be a little outrageous but we really had a fun week so it's well worth it.
    CYA

Yesterday, I had a lovely lunch with eight of my girlfriends that I don't get to see very often (and hardly ever at the same time!) It was a beautiful day and we got to sit outside. The food was good, but the company was better! I'm so thankful to my friend who sent out the email to try and get us all together.

MRD

That sounds lovely BT. Glad you had a nice day.

A hot shower is my simple pleasure. I can't belive h ow much it makes me feel better. I could not imagine living in a time when people didn't bathe regularly.
    I think a shower just transforms me (and makes me smell better. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Regular

Nostalgia trips.

My beautiful cousins.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Applying my signature scent everyday!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

After four and a half years in this house, I have finally, FINALLY, reached a viable plan for the room that acts as my closet. And not only that, I have finally, FINALLY, come to the conclusion that I am a terrible gardener, so there is absolutely no reason for me to keep the GroLight stand that is taking up a largish portion of the room, so to Freecycle it goes, and the comfy chair goes in that corner. There is nothing more freeing than realizing that you are crap at something and finally giving it up for good.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread